"Welcome to Costco, I love you..."

Cable free hee see.

Every time you pay your cable bill, you're putting money directly in their pockets because that network gets paid whether you watch it or not.
Gah...I hate the idea of that!! Damn. I hadn't even thought about that. That is just depressing. Don't laugh, but I even got so annoyed I actually blocked the E channel (which we don't watch anyways) so I never have to scroll through it while I am trying to find something worthwhile to watch. lol I still enjoy a number of the science shows and some programs on the channels I listed in another post here and then I also have the MLB package so I can watch baseball and the Yankees. I don't know how the sports packages work on Hula or Netflix or anything though or even if the channels I do like some programming on are available there.

Plus, it looks like I will very well be switching the home phone and our internet to Time Warner because Verizon sold our asses (and all of California, Texas and Florida) down the river to Frontier Communications last month, the internet speeds are atrocious and they have no customer service to speak of unless you are lucky enough to speak/understand Tagalog.

Last edited:
I

Gah...I hate the idea of that!! Damn. That is just depressing. Don't laugh, but I even got so annoyed I blocked the E channel so I never have to scroll through it while I am trying to find something worthwhile to watch. lol I still enjoy a number of the science shows and some programs on the channels I listed in another post here and then I also have the MLB package so I can watch baseball and the Yankees. I don't know how the sports packages work on Hula or Netflix or anything though.

Take a couple days, log what you actually watch. But an el cheapo antenna from the local electronics store to see what you get over the air, AppleTV or Roku box, a little Hulu, and you're in business.

I loathe reality television.

Reality tv for us consists of shows like the Incredible Dr. Pol who is a large and small animal vet/kinda like James Herriot was, reruns of the Bomb Patrol in Afghanistan, Railroad Alaska, some other Alaska shows, Top Gear (British version) the Tiny House show, some cooking and science shows, some detective/crime shows, a lot of animal shows, travel shows, decent documentaries, etc. I just have no idea what all I can get by using other venues. I'll have to start exploring that. We get several hundred channels and only watch a handful of them in truth. It is ridiculous that you pay for so much you'll never ever watch. I just can't give up my MLB and the Red Bull sports and the surfing shows. I do like watching some news from Australia, Japan, Europe, China, etc too.

Last edited:
The only thing that's changed is that airfare has gotten too cheap. It's positively correlated to the amount of graffiti I see in the Airport.

See you have a unique perspective that 99% of people haven't thought about.

The problem that I have with people tolerating the "lowest common denominator" crowd because they 'just want to be safe' is they're not willing to codify it.

If you don't want people speaking Arabic or Farsi on airplanes, lets put on our big boy pants, codify it and fight it out in the court system.

Is math acceptable behavior? Absolutely. Is bringing it to the attention of a flight attendant if something makes you nervous? Absolutely.

But at some point, someone's got to hit the brakes and say "You've gone from an overabundance of caution to being completely irrational".

My dog, sometimes, is really convinced the UPS man is about to kill us and burn our house down and loses his cookies when the truck pulls up. Knowing it's the UPS delivery truck because I was expecting a package, do I go to my undisclosed location, grab the 9mm (sorry @Seggy! :) ) and confront him in the front yard? All because my dog doesn't have the intellectual capacity to separate his animal instinct of thinking "threat first" instead of accepting his primal, un-evolved bias toward aggressive protection and submitting to ration and reason? :)
This is why you should stick with cats. Yes, they are neurotic, impulsive, and genuinely don't give any of their poops that day about, well, really anything. After that first stab would though, that person is SO MURDERED! So long as it wasn't a fatal stab would, good job miniature lion! :D At least there wasn't 2.78 million times of dealing with an animal crying wolf, right? haha

Soooo, out of production sequence or out of in-universe historical sequence?

I hate to put the hyphen in anal-retentive, but I'd like to be sure of who's ban list I'm working to get on.

Richman

I was about half way through re-reading the EU novels in chronological sequence after reading them in release order since sometime around 1997 when Episode VII came out and they announced the whole Legacy vs Canon split. I wonder what list that gets me on?

Reality tv for us consists of shows like the Incredible Dr. Pol who is a large and small animal vet/kinda like James Herriot was, reruns of the Bomb Patrol in Afghanistan, Railroad Alaska, some other Alaska shows, Top Gear (British version) the Tiny House show, some cooking and science shows, some detective/crime shows, a lot of animal shows, travel shows, decent documentaries, etc. I just have no idea what all I can get by using other venues. I'll have to start exploring that. We get several hundred channels and only watch a handful of them in truth. It is ridiculous that you pay for so much you'll never ever watch. I just can't give up my MLB and the Red Bull sports and the surfing shows. I do like watching some news from Australia, Japan, Europe, China, etc too.
So.... you're a reality TV junkie then, lol.

Is it a tasty burger?

image.jpeg

I was about half way through re-reading the EU novels in chronological sequence after reading them in release order since sometime around 1997 when Episode VII came out and they announced the whole Legacy vs Canon split. I wonder what list that gets me on?

The last vestiges of the Expanded Universe have been swept away. Disney film makers now have direct control of the universe.

"What about the fans?"

Fear will keep the fans in line. Fear of the Mouse. It is now the ultimate power in the universe.

Richman

Despite being 3 generation deep, (Unless you're Pima) everyone that I've ever met who lived in 'zona was really from somewhere else... That's what I was getting at.

I'm 5th generation New Mexican. My great, great grandmother was Pueblo Indian, so I'm not like "you people!"

The last vestiges of the Expanded Universe have been swept away. Disney film makers now have direct control of the universe.

"What about the fans?"

Fear will keep the fans in line. Fear of the Mouse. It is now the ultimate power in the universe.

Richman
i still really liked the newest X-Wing novel, canon or otherwise.

Last time I visited I couldn't help but notice there's a town in the state literally named "Surprise."

Spring Training home of the World Series champion Kansas City Royals. I lived in a little hole in the wall next to Surprise called Waddell. Loved it out there

Back