We have USAirways!!! Confirmed! Pilots & Flight Attendants!

Re: We have USAirways!!! Confirmed! Pilots & Flight Attenda

I talked to US Airways this morning and there are recalls going out.

The hiring profile which they're looking for is not solidified yet, but once flight operations lets HR know, HR is going to send us the information immediately.

And from a management type: 300 pilots in the next year will be hired!

Heard it here first, folks.

It's "for real" folks.

A little birdy says at the board meeting today, there was a little anxiety because they haven't cranked through that number of pilots in quite a while so they're starting the push right now.

Yup, believe it or not, things are trending the right direction!

Does anybody have any idea which certificate (west/east) Usair might be hiring onto in the future?

Does anybody have any idea which certificate (west/east) Usair might be hiring onto in the future?

Any hiring they are doing right now is probably going to be East 190 flying (PHL base). There are a fair number of recalls that are bypassing the 190 until they can hold Group 2 (Airbus/737) slots. West guys can bypass any east spot. Nobody knows howl long the 190 is going to stick around so there may not even be a 190 to get hired on to in the future. That said, in the past they hired on to which ever certificate needed pilots at the at point in time. Luck of the draw.

The airline actually operates on one certificate, just with two groups of pilots limited to two sets of tail numbers.

Which is a good opportunity to ask the question!

Ethan it would appear that any new hire would be on the E190 in PHL. As you said they currently have the issue with West pilots still on furlough with an opportunity to come to East property first before any new hires. However if they do so they are treated as a new hire for seniority sakes on the East side and I believe 1st year pay as well.... So many will not go over there most likely. With that Doug has made a point to say they are keeping the remaining 15 E190's. With that all the bypass will have the 1st shot to return to bigger equipment before any others.... In addition it would probably just be a safe bet to plan on the E190 if you are going to USairways. Now as to what happens with a seat lock etc is another question to ask about... But at least in PHL you will have that Dunkin Doughnuts close by your E190 (I mean that's a benefit for me). And you get to park next to the BIG ole E175 as well... :)

Is it true that US Airways has pulled out of ACE?

Well, the company went from wanting 300 additional pilots in FY2011 to 0.

Fought like the wind to keep them in the program in case that number changed to do outreach but could not.

This job fair stuff is a lot harder than it probably seems. Ups, downs, triumphs, tragedies a lot of flying around the country to catch people in person, telephone calls, emails, phone tag, selling, buying, being patient, learning to write artfully worded but FIRM letters, bullying, begging, augh!

The two rumors I have heard (and thats all it is..no facts to back it up) is either a) liquidation..something happened the other day with the USAPA and CAPA that I don't understand or b) merger..but no rumor of with who....again this is not ment to be fact (or at this point anything more than entertainment)...just rumors I heard yesterday....

Wild rumor! It makes no sense!

From usapa:

"With regard to the CAPA election, President Cleary reported that USAPA’s entire CAPA contingent was very disappointed at the election of the new CAPA President for a variety of reasons. Although we will work to find positive solutions to this problem, USAPA pilots should know that the magnitude of the problem has caused an evaluation that our resources may be better spent elsewhere than CAPA."

How does that translate to liquidation of the company? The company is in a union turmoil for sure. But the finances are not such to warrant liquidation, imho.

There aren't a lot of merger partners left and who wants a partner that hasn't finished the merger of 5 years ago?

What I do know is that the classes continue to be scheduled and that pilots on the furlough list continue to get recall notices. Why the recruiters cancelled is a mystery. Perhaps someone got the bright idea that they didn't need to spend a few bucks to go to ACE and see candidates face to face; that they could get a gazillion applications without doing so. That's more like the cheap company many of us CP's abandoned have come to know--and most of us have abandoned that cheap company. I haven't flown them since 8/2008 and just donated all my miles to charity, closing my account. Another CP gone, but I digress, sorry.

USAPA leadership wanted the presidency at CAPA. They didn't get it so now they are threatening to take their ball and go home.

Nothing related to liquidation. That got started on APC or FI.

Back