We have USAirways!!! Confirmed! Pilots & Flight Attendants!

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Yes, you heard it....we got em! They're sending 4 reps out for pilots and flight attendants!

:bandit:

Re: We have USAirways!!! Confirmed!

Pilots AND flight attendants!

Bring your spouse, get her a job! ;)

How close is Airways to hiring pilots?

Just off the phone with Ms. Manzo and they need pilots. I guess the folks at the career fair will have first crack at the upcoming wave.

Re: We have USAirways!!! Confirmed! Pilots & Flight Attenda

Dough... they've still got about 200 on furlough and the Company has made no sign of taking more back than the 80 they just did.

Speaking of things that go splash... maybe they are starting a pool again. We've got about 80 guys here who are technically in the pool still from last time but there's been no word if they flushed it or not.

True, but Delta has furloughs as well and we've been hiring.

Or, umm, "they" I should say as I work for Southernjets Innanashnul.

True, but Delta has furloughs as well and we've been hiring.

Or, umm, "they" I should say as I work for Southernjets Innanashnul.

Right... but SuthernJets has asked everybody if they want to come back. So the furloughs at least had the option. The 200 at Airways haven't been asked yet. They called 49 people to get the 40 they got.

I'm not doubting they are looking for people as I know most of the fleets have been very short and Age 65 is going to hit them like a tornado is a year or so, but I just wonder how soon they are realistically looking for people.

Hell, I'm hoping they really do hire people right away. I'd take a Phoenix base in a heartbeat. My commute goes to 1/6th as long AND I know plenty of people to bother while I am stuck in a crashpad sitting reserve.

If a guy could get in on the first Airways class, and assuming Airways sticks around for the long haul, said guy would be set for life.

If a guy could get in on the first Airways class, and assuming Airways sticks around for the long haul, said guy would be set for life.

Of course they'll be around! US Air can go bankrupt another 20 times but Congress loves them some direct flights out of Regan National!

Yeah but... That someone was me in 1999. They hadn't hired in 7 years. I had 1,149 pilots junior to me before the furlough was announced. The first few months on the property they were hiring 100 per month. Thought I had won the lottery.

Not saying it's not a good job or that I don't wish I had gone back... Just that the conventional wisdom probably doesn't hold true in the airlines... Especially USAir.

Yes. Jessica...............:dunno:

Human Resources.

I know most of the recruiters and HR people personally, or have gotten to over the past 8 months of working on ACE!

Aviation is a smalllllll world man! ;)

So I'm confused because I know of many that are still furloughed. How is the company thinking of hiring when people are on furlough who want to return--just asking?

Could it be that they're going to send recall letters sometime soon and by coming to the event look for even more than can be recalled? Not everyone will accept recall. They prob assume a certain percentage won't come back...

And they're looking for more fa's than pilots from what I understand

Not sure what is so confusing about them possibly being proactive vs waiting till they absolutely need manpower now or 6 months from now?

We're not going to hold the event right before they need to hire so if they want to join us, we happy to have them aboard.

Understood, but I think what they are looking for is for second to third quarter 2011, not now--just to be realistic. And that's on the FA side.

Yes, you heard it....we got em! They're sending 4 reps out for pilots and flight attendants!

:bandit:

Wow, going to be an impressive event from an assortment of different airlines, ranging from small to large!:clap:

Folks it's a networking event. It's not a show up and get a job the next day event. Go there, hand out your resume, shake hands and develop rapport with the recruiters. This way 9 months from now when they start hiring, you've already developed a relationship with the hiring crew instead of asking Doug when the next ACE is because you're "zOMG 100% there this year." Stay ahead of the curve.

Back