Virgin America pilot payraise

Respectfully, I disagree with that assessment.

WD's is right, having one list would be beneficial for everybody, including management, who could cut down on having to operate two air carriers, deal with two POI's, have two identical sets of management, etc. Dare I say, the benefits of synergy outweigh the modest "benefits" of keeping the union shop and the "not-really-a-union-but-erm-ahh-maybe-it-is" shop separate.

Read it again. The only part signed by the MEC Chairman is the part that comes after "Fellow pilots." The rest is a deranged diatribe by a clueless moron.

I did take efforts to find proof of the true identity of the blogger. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any. There were a few different names raised as possibilities, but no solid evidence of any of them. Had I had any, I would have filed a libel suit.

I bet Qutch could find him. And bury him next to Jimmy Hoffa (because Qutch knows where they planted him too).

So would you move up or down on the list?
It's a merger.

The only guy who is really happy in a merger situation is #1 on the seniority list. The remainder of us would be slightly less than happy, but the net gain from this would be huge, for both this pilot group and for the industry as a whole.

If it's done properly so that nobody loses their current seats now and their career expectations are preserved, I've got absolutely no problems at all with a proportional integration of SKW, L-XJT, and ASA. I think it would be a net win for both Inc. and the pilot groups involved.

Some people engage in greed and groupthink then get all bent out of shape when the SLI doesn't match their delusions of grandeur about where they should be.

If hear another "I lost 4000 numbers" (yeah but you were 4000 out of 5000 pilots, now you're 8000 out of 11000) I'm going to Ro-sham-bow them

Some people engage in greed and groupthink then get all bent out of shape when the SLI doesn't match their delusions of grandeur about where they should be.

If hear another "I lost 4000 numbers" (yeah but you were 4000 out of 5000 pilots, now you're 8000 out of 11000) I'm going to Ro-sham-bow them
The Old Man was 5-to-1 at the bottom of Delta when THAT merger happened in 1987; now, he's an area code. I would probably fare similarly in a SKW-XJT-ASA integration but I would likely not lose my EM2 FO seat in LAX or other badness.

You have to take the long view, and the way I see the long view, more pilots on one certificate and list is "more better".

I'm to much of a wuss to be in the airline world.

ATN_Pilot stop me if I'm wrong, but I think it was a culmination of several pilots.

I actually have no idea who really did the blog. It could have been one guy or a group of several. I've had several names suggested to me as the culprit, but no one has any proof. I considered hiring someone to look into it, but after speaking to an attorney about libel litigation, decided against it. Under Georgia law, you are required to give the defendant a "last chance" opportunity to admit that they were wrong, and if they do, you can't sue them. Since most people back down when receiving a letter from an attorney telling them to withdraw their lies or get sued, putting all of the money into building a case only to have the guy back down and get nothing in return didn't sound like a wise investment.

Back