Virgin America pilot payraise

That letter was signed by the Chairman MEC.

Read it again. The only part signed by the MEC Chairman is the part that comes after "Fellow pilots." The rest is a deranged diatribe by a clueless moron.

I dont think he should let this slide if it indeed is blatantly false.

I did take efforts to find proof of the true identity of the blogger. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any. There were a few different names raised as possibilities, but no solid evidence of any of them. Had I had any, I would have filed a libel suit.

No they're not. XJT and air Wisconsin pay better.
Meh, depends on what longevity you're talking about. And not to mention, XJT and Air Wis are 50 seater operations whereas Skywest has CRJ-200, 700, and 900 operations with different payscales for the 700 and 900 for both CAs and FOs. Their 50 seat rate is very competitive with XJT and AirWis, and if you account for the mixed fleet flying with higher pay on the 700/900 at Skywest, they come out ahead.

Meh, depends on what longevity you're talking about. And not to mention, XJT and Air Wis are 50 seater operations whereas Skywest has CRJ-200, 700, and 900 operations with different payscales for the 700 and 900 for both CAs and FOs. Their 50 seat rate is very competitive with XJT and AirWis, and if you account for the mixed fleet flying with higher pay on the 700/900 at Skywest, they come out ahead.

I'm talking W2's. The soft time at XJT and Air Wisconsin are better.

The company only views it that way until the point in time when it no longer becomes convenient to them to view it that way. Hence the need for a legally binding CBA.

It's not.

No, they aren't. These aren't my opinions. They're the opinions of dozens of highly experienced labor attorneys. SAPA isn't a legally recognized entity, and the Pilot Policy Manual is not a binding contract.

Of course YOU would be. It's a one-way street. It applies to pilots, but not to management. They can change the terms of employment on a whim.

Again, that's only the case until management decides that such an arrangement is no longer convenient for them.
You should know that even binding in ALPA isn't binding. There are always ways around it. Ask the AWA guys.

And if you think that that would be the case if it weren't for ALPA, then you're not nearly as smart as I thought you were (even for a wing-nut ;) ).

No need to get personal! I'm well aware that pattern bargaining has raised the industry wages as a whole, however, if the non-unions were simply piggybacking the union carriers, wouldn't a non-union like SkyWest simply be on-par, not superior (in many, but not all, respects)?

I'm talking W2's. The soft time at XJT and Air Wisconsin are better.
Maybe so, I don't have enough knowledge of what soft time pay is at XJT, Air Wis, and Skywest. I will say though, I'd much rather be at Skywest if I was at a regional right now because they are the best suited to survive the next decade. 50 seaters are a dying market, and Skywest did rather well with Delta. I don't know what Unite'd new TA means, the rumor I heard is that it requires 200 current United Express 50 seaters to be parked. For an airline like AirWis or XJT with only 50 seaters as their bread and butter, I don't think it bodes well.

Read it again. The only part signed by the MEC Chairman is the part that comes after "Fellow pilots." The rest is a deranged diatribe by a clueless moron.

I did take efforts to find proof of the true identity of the blogger. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any. There were a few different names raised as possibilities, but no solid evidence of any of them. Had I had any, I would have filed a libel suit.
Oh I see it now. Sorry to hear you couldn't find the person. You do have grounds for a libel suit. That was still risky for the person to post, usually there's always a trail online.

No need to get personal! I'm well aware that pattern bargaining has raised the industry wages as a whole, however, if the non-unions were simply piggybacking the union carriers, wouldn't a non-union like SkyWest simply be on-par, not superior (in many, but not all, respects)?

The problem is that you're not looking at total compensation per block hour. When you look at the real numbers, Skywest is simply on-par, not superior.

The problem is that you're not looking at total compensation per block hour. When you look at the real numbers, Skywest is simply on-par, not superior.
Now hear this, now hear this:

The time is now 1711; all hands, report for cold ones:
corona-extra-log-off-small-21009.jpg

ExpressJet owns ASA, and ExpressJet is owned by Skywest Airlines, which in turn is owned by Skywest Inc? Buckaroooo? Did I follow that right?

Skywest Inc. owns Skywest Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, and Atlantic Southeast Airlines. Inc is merging ExpressJet Airlines and Atlantic Southeast Airlines, and keeping Skywest Airlines separate.

There's no airlines owning other airlines; Inc owns everything.

Skywest Inc. owns Skywest Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, and Atlantic Southeast Airlines. Inc is merging ExpressJet Airlines and Atlantic Southeast Airlines, and keeping Skywest Airlines separate.

There's no airlines owning other airlines; Inc owns everything.
Oh ok. And everyone has separate lists or is it one?

Back