Up/Airshare

Wheels Up is one of many places that I had CJOs from in 2020. The communication was amazing during the months of classes being delayed. Ultimately, I ended up at my current employer, but that doesn't mean I wasn't very impressed with the company that I interacted with almost weekly for 6 months.

All that said, I don't see them making it through this. Just too much debt. I wish the pilots well.

Last edited:
What’s gonna happen with the rest of the company? Airshare just acquired their aircraft management ops but theres a lot there that isn’t managed aircraft. The fleet I operated that was acquired by them was all aircraft leased from Textron and chartered. Unless I’m misinterpreting “aircraft management operation”.

What’s gonna happen with the rest of the company? Airshare just acquired their aircraft management ops but theres a lot there that isn’t managed aircraft. The fleet I operated that was acquired by them was all aircraft leased from Textron and chartered. Unless I’m misinterpreting “aircraft management operation”.
You're not misinterpreting.

Like I said, this feels like the aviation version of the 2008-ish real estate market.

Ugh. You could see it coming a million miles away long before I left. Still have buddies over there that tried to make a go of it vs. jumping on the 121 wave. They’ve got apps in and hopefully make it out without too much damage to themselves. It was truly one of the worst run operations I’ve ever had the misfortune of being a part of.

Back