United buys 30 175s with options for 40

This is just a rumor, but I heard from some friends at skywest that they are getting a program for a new type going.

AAG is happy keeping "little ole Horizon" exactly that "little ole Horizon". If we grow to beyond 50 airplanes I'll be amazed.

New airplanes for flying in the State of Alaska? Nope...it'll probably be something along the lines of "Skywest to fly YEG/YYC/BIL/ETC on behalf of Alaska Airlines", and our planes will be shifted to ANC. Hooray!

I wish United would just staff it themselves...

Yep, if only they didn't give up scope years ago and the best part about it is when you get a UA mainline guy giving you a dirty look in the crew room as if we're the reason they lost flying. I think we'd all rather keep more jobs at mainline.

Another confirmation that getting out of the rat race was the right choice. Good luck to all the 121 guys.

Thanks but I think the corporate rat race is worse! You have to keep your nose brown for years to get a promotion. At least I know when my number comes up, it's a sure thing I'm getting promoted assuming I can pass a checkride. 121 branded flying is better than all this regional drama though.

Thanks but I think the corporate rat race is worse! You have to keep your nose brown for years to get a promotion. At least I know when my number comes up, it's a sure thing I'm getting promoted assuming I can pass a checkride. 121 branded flying is better than all this regional drama though.
I guess it depends on the corporate you go to. We are co-captains so it doesn't really matter about an upgrade.

Skywest mainline will finally be mainline right?
Er...

2235143.jpg

(if by mainline, you mean "airplane says who operates it on the tail," of course.)

Back