Kirby wants scope relief and United

I did 1...a 4 day green slip...my first trip after ioe. Haven't put in for one since....the captain was exactly why it was a green slip.....

Different perspective:

I've done many GSs with my best month being 179 credit when I was an 88 FO. Company record was set last summer by a senior 717 FO at 360 credit.

Greenslips have been well worth it to me. The increase in cash flow from paying off student loans, along with stacking the HSA/401k, and being able to take more vacations has been a big QOL enhancer.

Beauty of this airline is there is something for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
Different perspective:

I've done many GSs with my best month being 179 credit when I was an 88 FO. Company record was set last summer by a senior 717 FO at 360 credit.

Greenslips have been well worth it to me. The increase in cash flow from paying off student loans, along with stacking the HSA/401k, and being able to take more vacations has been a big QOL enhancer.

Beautiful of this airline is there is something for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.
Gs on reserve I get since you get those off days back. Line holders that gs like crazy I don't get unless it's a gswc. 1 gs as a line holder sure but more than that and you just have no life outside of work for that month....again unless it's gswc

Beautiful of this airline is there is something for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.

That's one of my frustrations with Air Beachball. Other than picking a 30 or 60 day line, most stuff is the same. Everyone puts in their 17 days of work each month.

Gs on reserve I get since you get those off days back. Line holders that gs like crazy I don't get unless it's a gswc. 1 gs as a line holder sure but more than that and you just have no life outside of work for that month....again unless it's gswc

Yeah definitely not sustainable year round. It's more a ride the wave type of deal for most fleets. Be greedy in the months when they are short then enjoy your time off during the slow months.

That's one of my frustrations with Air Beachball. Other than picking a 30 or 60 day line, most stuff is the same. Everyone puts in their 17 days of work each month.

That's what I keep telling my younger friends that say "well I might stay if the new contract is decent." It may be decent enough but even with a new contract Atlas simply will not have the opportunity to only work 10 or less days a month on a widebody like the big 3. Nor will there ever be the opportunity to keep your bid destinations at an ACMI.

I did 1...a 4 day green slip...my first trip after ioe. Haven't put in for one since....the captain was exactly why it was a green slip.....

That is exactly what happened to me, twice.

With the same guy.

And he thinks we're buddies. Last month it was "Hey, we flew together a couple times but I don't appreciate being called 'bro' by a colleague as it's denigrating"

Which I really don't. It's an assumed familiarity which I don't want to share with everyone.

With the same guy.

And he thinks we're buddies. Last month it was "Hey, we flew together a couple times but I don't appreciate being called 'bro' by a colleague as it's denigrating"

Which I really don't. It's an assumed familiarity which I don't want to share with everyone.
I understand, bro.

With the same guy.

I have a name. I'll answer to "dude" in nonconfrontational settings too, but I have a name.

Back