Twitter

Milesar

I was just thinking how useful it could be for NJC.
What do you think?

People get pretty spread out at times, if one wanted to subscribe to it they could get sms updates on their phone of what's going on, if a meeting or event changed just send out a twitter.

Also leading up to the event, if a great deal on a hotel came up it would be a really quick way to hear about it, especially since some offers don't last long.

What do you think?

People get pretty spread out at times, if one wanted to subscribe to it they could get sms updates on their phone of what's going on, if a meeting or event changed just send out a twitter.

Also leading up to the event, if a great deal on a hotel came up it would be a really quick way to hear about it, especially since some offers don't last long.
Twitter is so ghey!:D

I really don't get twitter. A generic text message sent out to a bunch of people you probably don't know, limited to 126 characters?? WTF how is that popular??

I really don't get twitter. A generic text message sent out to a bunch of people you probably don't know, limited to 126 characters?? WTF how is that popular??

It's pretty much the same thing as watching status updates on Facebook. In fact...it's exactly the same.

I generally think it's a good idea, though, because it IS easy to get that data texted to a massive amount of people in short order.

What do you think?

Alright I use twitter, but how would it help....Call me techno-ignant... :)

Would everyone be able to update it or only one person? Who want's taht responsibility.......

Great idea though just curious as to how it would work out. Do the updates get pushed out to all that subscribe???

Everybody subscribes to a feed called something like "NJC Vegas," and then some in charge, probably Doug or Kristie, can send tweets from their phone. When it hits the twitter server, everybody that is subscribed gets a text.

So the twitter feed is the node that does the distro without having to collect numbers to text to others.

And actually this could be done from simply updating a facebook status. There's a website called twitterfeed, which will take RSS feeds to send to twitter. Your facebook status comes off as an RSS feed, so you send it over to twitterfeed and then it populates twitter with your facebook status updates. No need to start using a new service, just use the one you currently do and bam, you can use it to distribute info to people. Twitter's nice in that regard because it has the option to text people that are subscribed.

Sorry, but if you want to get a hold of me, you'll have to do it with a text or a phone call. I refuse to get on the twitter bandwagon. I think the first four letters of the word are a prefect description of the phenomenon.

Twitter is kind of retarded. "I just took a shower" "I have a black bugger" "going to buy milk now" etc.

Again; Twitter is ghey!:tmyk: ;)
I'm with Tony. We have had no problems with communications in the past. Krities does a pretty thorough itenerary and texting + phone calls pretty much fills in the gaps as far as what's not on the itenary or for updates on times and places.

I use Twitter, for entertainment value if nothing else.

In specific regards to NJC in Vegas, the same thing could be accomplished with a Facebook page, updates & such. We all do Facebook, and no one has to make fun of anything or be "ghey" :)

Twitter is kind of retarded. "I just took a shower" "I have a black bugger" "going to buy milk now" etc.
"Taking dump now, shouldn't have had Mexican"

"OMG athlete's foot"

"Pickin muh bellybutton lint"

LAME.

I had no idea people had such strong feelings towards twitter, I'm not that familiar with it myself.

Also dont you think the spelling of the word ghey is kind of ghey itself? I mean really, it falls right in there with L0Lz w00ts and !!11!!11111!11

Sorry, but if you want to get a hold of me, you'll have to do it with a text or a phone call. I refuse to get on the twitter bandwagon. I think the first four letters of the word are a prefect description of the phenomenon.

:yeahthat: No chance of me signing up for that. FWIW....I'm not on myspace, facebook, (whatever the next rage is), etc....

No thanks, could care less when people have a killer duece that looks like a volcano or when someone is going to the mall, or walking the dog. Or whatever else people feel the need to disclose to the world.

Back