Triathletes

TowJoe

You really Schruted that one
What is your next race? Did you meet your goals this year? What are your training plans for the winter?

No race this year, I don't know what really happened but I didn't find the time for training and now the season is over, I'm planning in an Olympic distance for next March or April time permitting. I'm in no way a professional triathlete so I guess a realistic goal would be around 2:40.(I'm in 40-44) What about you?

I did my first triathlon ever this summer. I had signed up to do the Winona, MN race in 2011, but my new hire training interrupted those plans. I was still figuring out scheduling and the new job last summer, and finally did the Olympic distance of the Chicago Lifetime Tri. I signed up to do Ironman Racine next summer (70.3). I am also thinking about doing Leon's Triathlon and Chicago again-both olympic.

I finally found a pool nearby for the winter that is affordable and plan to swim at park district's outdoor 50m pool when it opens in the summer. I have my rollers all ready to go for some indoor biking, and neeed to motivate myself to work on my running (my least favorite or at least the hardest to get myself out the door for).

I did many seasons of triathlons, but never the ironman distance. I always did either a half, Olympic or sprint distance. And then I burned out. Oddly enough my photo to the left was taken after my race inside the outhouse. Yes I know I'm retarded.

For someone who's never trained before... how long would it take to be ready for a sprint triathlete assuming i train 7-9 hours a week? I am considering training for one as a New Year's resolution.

For someone who's never trained before... how long would it take to be ready for a sprint triathlete assuming i train 7-9 hours a week? I am considering training for one as a New Year's resolution.

Sara,

I am not a coach but if you can do all of these continuously ~30 min swim, ~50 min bike, and ~30-40 min run you should be in good shape for a sprint! If the gym you use has a pool, bike, and treadmill try a pratice sprint! I've only done an olympic distance but feel free to ask any questions and I'll give you my best answer.

That's depends entirely on you. I didn't train for my marathon nor any of the triathlons I competed in (other than the daily 1-5 mile run). I still finished with a respectable time, and wasn't huffing and puffing when I crossed the checkered.

Good luck.

Back