Trans States?

Cool- do they use you a lot?
I dont mind being reserve as long as I'm used and have overnights so I don't have to pay for a hotel.

Oh yeah this time of the year they will abuse you with flying. In Dulles we hardly have any reserve pilots everyday. While I'm not a FO, the captain side most of the reserve guys average about 50-70 hours a month flying.

All is worked out now. Head to CAE in DFW on April 24 to do the ATP-CTP course. Fly straight from there to STL to start class 5/2. Got a month to study for ATP written, get those limitations/memory items down cold, and hopefully finish off my two PP-ASEL students before I leave. Thanks to everyone for the advice since I started this thread way back when!

Just an update on TSA in the last few weeks. You must have a doctors note to call in sick, RSV is now at 10 days off min, chop n drop is in effect for schedule conflicts and now we basically lose cancelation pay if we don't extend our 117 duty day because we will be punished if we don't give a reason why we won't extend and fatigue is not pay protected.

Just an update on TSA in the last few weeks. You must have a doctors note to call in sick, RSV is now at 10 days off min, chop n drop is in effect for schedule conflicts and now we basically lose cancelation pay if we don't extend our 117 duty day because we will be punished if we don't give a reason why we won't extend and fatigue is not pay protected.

Sounds like that regional pilot shortage is starting to really crunch! Yikes!

Pretty sketch.

I think the only logical direction for all of this to go is consolidation. I've already seen quite a bit of irregular delays and cancellations for this time of year and I can only imagine they will get worse throughout the summer. 2016 has been a year of dramatic pay increases and bonuses and it still isn't working. I think 2017 will be the year of mergers for the regionals.

Only took me 32 years. There's hope :)

My $18k is only gonna go so far, but won't take me to the end. So I'm rapidly paying off debt, and socking away as much cash as possible to help build a cash bridge so that I don't have to take out a small personal loan. To make it to the goal post.

My $18k is only gonna go so far, but won't take me to the end. So I'm rapidly paying off debt, and socking away as much cash as possible to help build a cash bridge so that I don't have to take out a small personal loan. To make it to the goal post.
Should be enough for Instrument, Com and CFI.

I'll split time building with you in my spare time.

Shocked that Endeavor isn't reeling em in! If anyone I thought they'd have full classes each month.

I'm not sure what their hiring situation is, but I'm sure they are doing better than most. PSA, Piedmont, Envoy, TSA, Air Wisconsin, ExpressJet, and a couple others are all having a difficult time attracting applicants. I think GoJet has stopped offering its new hire bonus so I'm sure that will hurt their recruiting. Republic will likely stop filling classes at the first sign that their bankruptcy isn't going as rosey as their pilots have been predicting. Compass seems set up to lose some flying in the future (maybe anyway, I'm still not convinced personally). CommutAir's Unifed bridge interview programming hasn't been working out for the many and I know that is hurting their recruiting efforts. And so on... I really do think the hiring pool is drying up to some extent.

Back