Trans States?

1)The reason for the doctor note is that they are seeing an increase in sick calls before the start of trips. The company said they got 25 sick calls right before Easter.
2)chop' n drop and 10 days off for reserve was the result of our 2011 CBA. And will be put into effect because we voted down PBS. I think the vote was 66 against to 34 for.
3)hiring has been all over the place we meet the quota for hiring, but getting people to class is the problem. One class had 2 and two weeks later next class had 12.
4)FDP is the result of pilots not telling the company the reason they are not accepting the extension. Also in the last few years 117 fdp extension has favor the company and not the pilots. While the FAA won't be involved in this. The company has the right to discipline the pilots according to the FAA lawyers.

So is it as bad as it appears on APC? The TSA thread over there has become a meltdown in recent weeks. Always hard to tell, especially on APC, what's real and what is a just a handful of people's opinions.

So is it as bad as it appears on APC? The TSA thread over there has become a meltdown in recent weeks. Always hard to tell, especially on APC, what's real and what is a just a handful of people's opinions.

There's a small amount of people that post on their. While I've been lucky enough to move through the ranks quickly. Some people find themself not moving up at all. Over a year ago we had only 28 aircrafts and two bases. Now we have 70 plus planes and 5 bases. Just growing pains that's all. APC is just a terrible website imo.

There's a small amount of people that post on their. While I've been lucky enough to move through the ranks quickly. Some people find themself not moving up at all. Over a year ago we had only 28 aircrafts and two bases. Now we have 70 plus planes and 5 bases. Just growing pains that's all. APC is just a terrible website imo.

I'm trying to take it all with a grain of salt - the thread over there got negative in a hurry. They've got another guy (who I think I interviewed with) second-guessing his class date. This is my first 121 job, but I've had former students who went on to regional jobs change their mind last minute (in one case just after training) and it didn't go so well. I chose TSA because of adequate pay, decent upgrade (at the time anyway) and most importantly, a base close to home. I know the middle factor can turn on you on a dime and I'm not going to look elsewhere and end up making a mistake. Things seem very....changeable right now, everywhere. It will be what it will be.

4)FDP is the result of pilots not telling the company the reason they are not accepting the extension. Also in the last few years 117 fdp extension has favor the company and not the pilots. While the FAA won't be involved in this. The company has the right to discipline the pilots according to the FAA lawyers.
FWIW, that is not exactly what the Fuzz had to say on that; the Fuzz says (correctly) that declining an extension is a matter to be addressed by labor-management relations.

That one side of that equation would resort to malignant thuggery is not necessarily surprising, considering that fee for departure really means "no departure? no fee."

As far as I know, they are still getting more than 50 a month to come to class at 9E.
Can't really compare the ranks of Skywest, ExpressJet, and Envoy to TSA. They have huge groups and need WAY MORE pilots than we do at TSA. 15-20 a month is a small growth rate....but still ok

APC is just a terrible website imo.

AGREED! That forum is filled with the same people who comment on most all of the threads. Every place has its positives and negatives....but when only the negatives show its usually from people who got fired and are ranting or people who are on their way out trying to light the match.

Can't really compare the ranks of Skywest, ExpressJet, and Envoy to TSA. They have huge groups and need WAY MORE pilots than we do at TSA. 15-20 a month is a small growth rate....but still ok

I saw on "that forum" that TSA has double-digit classes coming up size-wise. I realize not all may show, but that seems like good news, as I followed the class sizes late last year fairly closely and there were some pretty small ones. You can count me in for 5/2...

Sure man. What color and do you want the upgraded stereo with the extra bass? Oh wait, of course you want extra bass.

b97.jpg

Back