the official "waiting for FOL from MEM PEPC" thread

I also called my HR rep today. I knew he is supposed to be gone this week, but I called him anyway incase he came back early. Instead, someone else answered so I asked her if any of my clearances had gone through. To my surprise, she said that all of them had gone through. They had just received my security clearance, and I guess that was the last one. This didn't make sense to me, since as far as I know, none of my references had received any letters. I explained this to her, & she said they may have a different way of doing things. (she sounded like she really didn't know) Anyway I will call back next week & hopefully get to talk to my official HR rep & see if he says the same thing. Now all that is left is to wait for the new FY09 EnRoute basics classes to get scheduled.

It's whoever signs your TOL, plus e-mails you all the important stuff to fill out before the PEPC

anyone contact their HR lately?

Not yet, but I probably will by the end of next week if I haven't heard anything by then. I go from completely forgetting about the FOL to thinking about it for awhile wondering what's taking so long. I think I'm just going to hang in there. If you don't hear anything at this stage, I suppose that could be good news.

I agree it could be good news not to have to straighten anything out with security and background, but next week will be rolling up on the 4th week waiting for FOL so, its getting time! and getting excited!!
Its hard to just completely forget about the FOL at this point though!

They just called me and offered me a 8/26 class day. I'll be out of the country so I took a 9/8 date. No FOL so it's up in the air. She said to expect my FOL in the next couple of weeks.

That's awesome, I hear it is pretty down there. I probably have at least a week before I get/hear anything because of my security. :banghead:

Well I just got a call today as well to start on 8/26 in the academy, my pepc was on Friday in Memphis, can't believe it, she said I would get my FOL today!

Wow, Congrats guys, you are moving quickly. My boss called me into her office and showed me the verification letter, there were 2 one for her and one for the personel dept. She decided to call HR and was told that their policy is to not fill out those type of forms, then she overnighted them to HR. Im guessing that I may get my walking papers on Monday. "Which way to the unemployment office?"

I gave Brenda Rogers a call to check on my own status. She said she had all my clearances but no class date for me. Guess my facility doesn't rank high on the "need" scale. That's ok though. Congrats to all of you who are starting to receive dates.

Back