the official "waiting for FOL from MEM PEPC" thread

almost all of my references got their stuff already. some of them got 5 of them lol.

My previous employers have started getting forms to fill out--I know because one of my previous supervisors is my coworker now, and she showed the forms to me. The person as I listed who knows me at my current address also got her form to fill out. Haven't heard from any of my personal references yet.

Interesting:

Bill would lift pay restrictions for air traffic controllers
By ELISE CASTELLI
August 08, 2008
A new bipartisan bill would reverse pay restrictions for air traffic controllers that were imposed by the Bush administration in 2006.
Backers of the bill say it will help the Federal Aviation Administration retain air traffic controllers who are eligible to retire. The agency faces possible shortages of controllers because many are approaching retirement eligibility.
The Federal Aviation Administration Employee Retention Act, introduced in the Senate on July 31, also would give full collective bargaining rights to affected FAA employees.
The bill, sponsored by Sens. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., and James Inhofe, R-Okla., would reverse the 2006 pay restrictions until a collective bargaining agreement can be reached. The legislation also proposes a 45-day deadline for the sides to reach an agreement on pay. Disputes exceeding the deadline would have to be resolved by mediation or binding arbitration.

“The FAA’s unilateral imposition of work and pay rules has forced our veteran air traffic controllers into retiring earlier than they had planned,” Patrick Forrey, president of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association, said in an Aug. 6 statement. “Passage of this bill will provide the incentive for controllers to remain on the boards so that the safety of the flying public can be restored.”
In September 2006, the administration froze the pay for many veteran controllers and reduced pay scales by 30 percent for new controllers. The administration also eliminated rules that required breaks and allowed employees to take sick leave if they weren’t rested. That led to fatigue, the union said.
Under the new rules, the attrition of air traffic control staff has outpaced FAA projections. According to the FAA inspector general, in the first month alone, retirements were three times as high as FAA predicted. The union claims that between September 2006 and March 2008, one-fifth of the work force — 2,687 employees — departed.
“The [Bush] administration’s heavy-handed tactics have forced experienced air traffic controllers out the door in record numbers,” Lautenberg said in an Aug. 6 statement. “By giving all FAA employees fair labor rights, we can recruit and retain the number of safety professionals our air travel system needs to run smoothly and safely.”
FAA spokeswoman Tammy Jones declined to comment on the legislation, but said the agency had made numerous offers to the union, all of which were rejected before the agency moved to imposing a contract.
“FAA would have preferred a voluntary agreement,” Jones said. “FAA put real money on the table, but the union was not interested.”

Hey, where did you find that article?? that's great! Looks like they're starting to get some positive movement forward from the June hearings.. if it's not too little too late.

Well I got a call today from Mrs. Shimshick pertaining to my clearance. So guys consider yourself fore-warned if you have any little discrepancies on your credit report, just go ahead and try to rectify them. I had 3 discrepancies that totalled about 211 dollars and they were all at least 3 years old. I also mentioned these on my Clearance Form which could be the reason why she contacted me. This will be my 2nd Secret Security Clearance out of 3 Security Clearances and I never expected them to contact me on something as minuscule as this.

Not complaining just informing you guys.

Interesting:

Bill would lift pay restrictions for air traffic controllers
By ELISE CASTELLI
August 08, 2008
A new bipartisan bill would reverse pay restrictions for air traffic controllers that were imposed by the Bush administration in 2006.
Backers of the bill say it will help the Federal Aviation Administration retain air traffic controllers who are eligible to retire. The agency faces possible shortages of controllers because many are approaching retirement eligibility.
The Federal Aviation Administration Employee Retention Act, introduced in the Senate on July 31, also would give full collective bargaining rights to affected FAA employees.
The bill, sponsored by Sens. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., and James Inhofe, R-Okla., would reverse the 2006 pay restrictions until a collective bargaining agreement can be reached. The legislation also proposes a 45-day deadline for the sides to reach an agreement on pay. Disputes exceeding the deadline would have to be resolved by mediation or binding arbitration.

“The FAA’s unilateral imposition of work and pay rules has forced our veteran air traffic controllers into retiring earlier than they had planned,” Patrick Forrey, president of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association, said in an Aug. 6 statement. “Passage of this bill will provide the incentive for controllers to remain on the boards so that the safety of the flying public can be restored.”
In September 2006, the administration froze the pay for many veteran controllers and reduced pay scales by 30 percent for new controllers. The administration also eliminated rules that required breaks and allowed employees to take sick leave if they weren’t rested. That led to fatigue, the union said.
Under the new rules, the attrition of air traffic control staff has outpaced FAA projections. According to the FAA inspector general, in the first month alone, retirements were three times as high as FAA predicted. The union claims that between September 2006 and March 2008, one-fifth of the work force — 2,687 employees — departed.
“The [Bush] administration’s heavy-handed tactics have forced experienced air traffic controllers out the door in record numbers,” Lautenberg said in an Aug. 6 statement. “By giving all FAA employees fair labor rights, we can recruit and retain the number of safety professionals our air travel system needs to run smoothly and safely.”
FAA spokeswoman Tammy Jones declined to comment on the legislation, but said the agency had made numerous offers to the union, all of which were rejected before the agency moved to imposing a contract.
“FAA would have preferred a voluntary agreement,” Jones said. “FAA put real money on the table, but the union was not interested.”

Was there "per diem" at OKC before the imposed work rules?

Yeah they did have perdiem before IWR i know some people that went through like in 02-03. I think they stopped perdiem in OKC for like a year or so after the IWR.

I talked to my HR rep, I will leave out the names and numbers because I think we all know who our personal reps are. Yesterday I let the impatience get the best of me so I contacted them to see what point of the process I was in. I was told that she hadn't received any of the clearances from the Memphis PEPC yet, and as soon as she does she will send out the FOLs. Rather vague but I expected as much, I am sure it is a blanket statement until she actually has some clearances in hand and ready to get the Memphis people in a class.

Had to get our thread back up on the front page anyways, so there it was. Keep on hanging on.

Back