the official "waiting for FOL from MEM PEPC" thread

hey does anyone know if prior military controllers with security clearances were getting a shorter looks at for security? None of my friends have gotten any paperwork and I sent in my SF-85P like 2 weeks ago. I have a secret clearance valid until 2013

Seriously, and now they're talking about January at the earliest for Enroute in another thread.
Yeah bro. That sucks. I saw a thread about putting off the academy. Man, I would honestly go tomorrow if I could. I would make it work.

hey does anyone know if prior military controllers with security clearances were getting a shorter looks at for security? None of my friends have gotten any paperwork and I sent in my SF-85P like 2 weeks ago. I have a secret clearance valid until 2013
I believe they just look up your clearance because they're all done by the same organization (OPM).

My first personal reference received his paperwork in the mail today now exactly two weeks after my PEPC (July 22). Hopefully the rest have started receiving theirs, although I have not spoken with anyone else to confirm as of yet. Good luck everyone.

Several people told me that the FAA would not accept my current security clearance including my Facility Manager here at GEG. But at the LA PEPC they were able to verify my current security clearance and let me skip that section at the PEPC. I was cleared through the FAA background investigators and now have my FOL.

Just make sure that your current clearance is accomplished through OPM, if another office accomplished your investigation they may not accept it.

Which facility did you get picked for? Just wandering because you are the first Alabama person that i have seen.
I was picked to go to Vero Beach. I was only qualified with an 84, so I don't know if that played a part in me getting that facility. I was really down on my score, because I'm just hard on myself like that. But, I figure that I will just prove myself even more in OK city and at the facility. From what I can tell, the facility will be perfect for me to get certified in, and I can't wait. I also received a 10 point veterans preference. I see you though UGA. Congrats being picked #1. Killer schedule though.

I was picked to go to Vero Beach. I was only qualified with an 84, so I don't know if that played a part in me getting that facility. I was really down on my score, because I'm just hard on myself like that. But, I figure that I will just prove myself even more in OK city and at the facility. From what I can tell, the facility will be perfect for me to get certified in, and I can't wait. I also received a 10 point veterans preference. I see you though UGA. Congrats being picked #1. Killer schedule though.
Congratulations on getting picked up, I am originally from the Montgomery area, and am thinking about putting Al down as my second geo pref., that was why i was wandering if you got placed in AL. Guess i still havn't seen anyone get picked for Alabama yet. Yeah, if we can make it passed LSU, and Florida back to back, then i forsee a perfect season, but you never know with SEC football.

I don't even think this job exists. I think it's all a government funded experiment in human persistence and motivation versus reward stimuli. They want to know how little and far between they can provide us with information and still have us show interest. Throw in varying personal accounts from this website and "budget" issues and you have a full blown psychological experiment on your hands. Maybe we're pioneers, and our children's children will reap the benefits of quicker hiring practices and HR call backs.:crazy:

Congratulations on getting picked up, I am originally from the Montgomery area, and am thinking about putting Al down as my second geo pref., that was why i was wandering if you got placed in AL. Guess i still havn't seen anyone get picked for Alabama yet. Yeah, if we can make it passed LSU, and Florida back to back, then i forsee a perfect season, but you never know with SEC football.
I actually applied to an Alabama announcement earlier in the year, but I didn't get picked up. From what I understand, they didn't need that many controllers. I didn't even list Alabama on the geo preferences because I didn't want to waste that selection. Plus, I love my Tide, but I'm ready to go.

I don't even think this job exists. I think it's all a government funded experiment in human persistence and motivation versus reward stimuli. They want to know how little and far between they can provide us with information and still have us show interest. Throw in varying personal accounts from this website and "budget" issues and you have a full blown psychological experiment on your hands. Maybe we're pioneers, and our children's children will reap the benefits of quicker hiring practices and HR call backs.:crazy:

My money is on a Federal Warrant Round Up... it's a ploy to get new fingerprints into the system to compare to unsolved cases. Unfortunately they arent getting the level of applicants they projected.

My money is on a Federal Warrant Round Up... it's a ploy to get new fingerprints into the system to compare to unsolved cases. Unfortunately they arent getting the level of applicants they projected.

It's like the sting where they told people with warrants they had won a new T.V., and had to list an address so it could be delivered. Most of them did, and were subsequently arrested by undercover police officers carrying empty T.V. boxes.

Or another sting where a bunch of people with warrants were told they had won a vacation for two, and that they needed to show up to a certain address at a certain date to claim their prize. When the conference room filled up, the police locked the doors and took everyone into custody.

I'll be 100% honest with you, my biggest fear in this whole process was getting pinched for something I don't remember doing ten years ago or so in a drunken stupor, because my fingerprints showed up in some "Unknown Subject" file.

Back