That's weird!

Re: That\'s weird!

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I NEVER stay at any of the same locations as airline flight crews, plus I don't know one single person who flies or has flown for the airlines... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you just tuning in, this post is a fine example of SARCASM. Nothing condescending about it at all. I've seen corporate types at many of our hotels.

As JT points out, not all airlines split their crews. Some do it all the time, some do some of the some, others never do. At MAG, in theory, the CA and FO will fly together for the bid, with a new FA (or 2) joining up each trip. We all hit the same hotel, social types do hang out together, but even considering many of our FAs and pilots are young singles, there really isn't much going on.

What really perplexes me is that this thread has been hijacked in a huge way and no-one's stopped it. Plus, the question about hanky panky on the overnights seemed pretty innocent. How about a deep breath and count to 10 for everyone?

I need more sleep. These redeye commutes and nasty gate agents don't help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Smilecrunch.gif

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you just tuning in, this post is a fine example of SARCASM. Nothing condescending about it at all. I've seen corporate types at many of our hotels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after a good night's sleep (one of few) I realized I was reading WAY too much into that. So, FalconCAPT please accept my apologies for going off.

ATTEMPT AT HUMOR:

Quote:

"One day, four legs, four different sets of FA's."

Wow!!! Delta hires amputees?!? Where'd their other 'legs' go...

Legs, get it?

sheesh, just trying to lighten the mood a bit...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kellwolf,

Is that the USS Alabama you are standing in front of? BB-63? That place has a great airplane meuseum, of all things. They've got the prototype of the F-18, the YF-17. There is also a B-52 and others....

COOL place.

Why yes it is. Stopped in Mobile, AL during one of my man MCO-MEM trips in the car. Took TONS of pics if anyone is interested. And yes, they have a killer airplane museum (with an SR-71) and a submarine circa WWII.

Kristie,

First I'd like to say that I never insinuated for a even a split second that yours and Dougs marriage was anything but rock solid... That wasn't what I was indicating in any way...

Second of all, let's be realistic about this... Most people don't wear a shirt that says "I cheated last night"... Usually those people try to keep it quiet, the light of the next morning tends to illuminate what a stupid mistake they made the night before...

Third, everyone (rest of the crew that is present at said event) is going to be on their best behavior when someone has their spouse along on a trip... Don't expect someone to sit down at dinner and tell their friends wife about the torrid one night stand they had last week on a layover... It just doesn't happen...

Fourth, Doug is going to only post on here the good stuff... He isn't going to post on here (where you could read) if he knows someone is cheating on their spouse on the road... Just no reason for him, and from what I can see in his avatar, he doesn't have "Stupid" stamped on his forehead, so that just isn't going to happen... (Remember the "What goes on the road, stays on the road"?) Most people will just look the other way, let them do their thing...

As you can see from John T's post... It happens a fair amount, much more than it should (and a lot more than you want to believe)... But layovers mixed with alcohol and readily available hotel rooms is a bad combination for some people... And remember, no one is talking about "relationships"... Most of the "going ons" seem to be one night affairs...

And for KellWolf...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I NEVER stay at any of the same locations as airline flight crews, plus I don't know one single person who flies or has flown for the airlines...

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, two problems with this. #1 you come off sounding like "I'm better than all those airline pukes." #2 you're chipping in on a conversation about airline pilots and FAs and you don't KNOW any?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, did you miss the sarcastic "Rolling Eyes" Emoticon??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I was being Sarcastic!!!

I stay at a LOT of the same places that airline crews stay AND I know a LOT of airline emmployees... Geez...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after a good night's sleep (one of few) I realized I was reading WAY too much into that. So, FalconCAPT please accept my apologies for going off.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so I type too slow!!! Obviously you posted this apology while I was typing my previous reply...

Apology accepted...

BOG, thanks for the back-up bud, you are right, I was being 100% sarcastic...

[ QUOTE ]
ATTEMPT AT HUMOR:

Quote:

"One day, four legs, four different sets of FA's."

Wow!!! Delta hires amputees?!? Where'd their other 'legs' go...

Legs, get it?

sheesh, just trying to lighten the mood a bit...

[/ QUOTE ]that was definately a good attempt and pretty funny... you'd make a good "last man standing" comic I bet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, Falcon, I guess you and I have just had very different experiences.

So, that could make neither of us right. After all, you say you know of more goings on than people think, I say in my experience that's not how it was.

Bottom line: Keep it in your pants and you have nothing to worry about. But the playboy days of the 60s & 70s are simply long gone.

[ QUOTE ]

So, that could make neither of us right. After all, you say you know of more goings on than people think, I say in my experience that's not how it was.

Bottom line: Keep it in your pants and you have nothing to worry about. But the playboy days of the 60s & 70s are simply long gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is the panecea you guys want to believe exists, doesn't... I'm not saying that all airline people do this stuff, I'm just saying it happens... That's all...

For like the thousanth time in the eight year history of the website, I report and write about my own personal observations.

I don't know what went on at Midway.

I have no clue what goes on at CCAir.

I know like one Mesa pilot...

I don't know what goes on at (insert airline here).

But under no uncertain terms am I going to tolerate being preached to about how things are at various airlines that I have no experience with nor have I ever claimed any experience with.

It's just one of my huge pet peeves. For the past umpteen years, I've had more people ask "Wow! So do you bang those broads on NYC layvoers?" and it quite frankly pisses me off.

I'd like to ask them, "Well, do you fornicate with your secretary and random co-workers during your lunch break? I'm sure your secretary isn't there looking forward to a forty year career answering telephones".

Besides, whenever I rode Mesa between PHX and DFW, it was either dudes or old women. They could have been as 'wanderjahr' as they liked, but certainly I'd doubt if anyone would be interested.

Gimme a break.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is the panecea you guys want to believe exists, doesn't... I'm not saying that all airline people do this stuff, I'm just saying it happens... That's all...

[/ QUOTE ]well, ya sure DO sound like your saying that ALL airline people including the wives do that type of thing - which is what i'd really like to discourage amoung our younger readers... are you starting to get my hint yet? I just don't want to keep this type of thinking going if we could actually change 1 person's mind from thinking it "still exists & it's ok".... that's my only purpose on this thread at the moment. it may still exist today, but wouldn't it be nice if tomorrow it didn"t? unrealistic yes, but not completely impossible if we just start with 1 person being the younger readers of the forum that aren't even in an airline/pro pilot position yet....maybe we could actually help fix our problem (as a nation) with relationships in todays day and age (yea, i dream big!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i mean at some point, all the youngin's on this board today are going to meet the right girl and get married...do we want to give them the perception that even tho "it still exists today, you might as well keep up the appearance because it's not going away"...or do we want to give them the perception that even tho "it exists today, i myself will make sure i don't follow the wrong steps?"

I was using my marriage as an example - because I can't relate to other people's marriages, they're not mine.

like MQA said: "Bottom line: Keep it in your pants and/or skirt and you have nothing to worry about."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying that all airline people do this stuff, I'm just saying it happens... That's all...

[/ QUOTE ]

well, ya sure DO sound like your saying that ALL airline people including the wives do that type of thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, I helped you out, I made it bold and italic... Notice the word "NOT" in my sentence??? And now you are even including the "wives" which I had not made any mention of... Where do you get this stuff??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Read what I wrote, NOT what you want to THINK I wrote... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I want to take this opportunity to say that I have never "fooled around" with any of our FA's on a layover. Heck, I haven't even seen one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cwm27.gif What were we talkin' about?

Fly freight! That'll solve the problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I want to take this opportunity to say that I have never "fooled around" with any of our FA's on a layover. Heck, I haven't even seen one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cwm27.gif What were we talkin' about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as single-pilot 135 operation, I guess that I could be considered the FA as well as PIC......

Naw. Won't go there.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I was taught at an early age:

"Never put your wee-wee in your wallet!"

Doug lighten up - I wasn't preaching at you. I was just saying that Delta is not a typical airline.

Sheesh.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh come on Capt. You know you guys occasionaly break into thos boxes labled "inflatable companion." Who's gonna know??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicks do, however, love those delivery drivers though!

[quoteto ruin your entire way of doing things/living? ya really WANT to pay alimony, lose 3/4 of your check each month, make your kids miserable and disappoint everyone you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that whole "marriage" thread I had? I've found the answer!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sure it is no different to any other job ..... there are people who will and people who won't. I could tell u some stories about teachers away on conferences, and it wouldn't br any different to any other potential story from any other profession. Maybe there was more of that sorta stuff in the 60s/70s, maybe there wasn't. What difference does it really make?
I'd bet the %age of affairs/flings happening on airline layovers is no higher than any other profession.
I can't be doing with one-nighters anyway - gimme a proper loving relationship that means something.

Back