SWA announces COVID vaccination required by Dec 8 to maintain employment

I like to imagine the corniness/cringey-ness of how this photo was staged and captured
Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall/sitting on the tug

Honestly, I have no idea what the truth is, its just a funny picture to see timing-wise with all that’s going on….:)

On the whole SWA scheduling mess and cancellations from the past week, man are there some SWA pilots who are instantly defensive and manically sensitive to even the slightest bit of criticism of that airline.

something I’ve observed offline from here on another site. Normally rational people, until their beloved airline was critiqued in the least.

You should see their heads explode when you dare suggest that your seniority is just as valuable as theirs.

Yeah, but what if like...their feelings are super dooper hurt?

462d7e2582ba1fa0f05d1681f3601b4e.jpg

Substitute anti-vaxxer for anti-masker

TSA throughput is still down by like 30% from 2019 levels. If the ~10% of weirdos think their jobs are secure if they won’t comply or even worse do an illegal job action I think they’re in for a rude awakening.

Yep. And I don't see yet another airline bailout happening this time if emplanements don't pick up. Seems like this is true:

The problem is that the 2020 furloughs didn't happen. These no talent ass clowns sat at home, collecting min guarantee instead of being on furlough, and to them it was nothing but a vacation because of some overblown fake news.

I firmly believe if pilots had to suffer like the rest of the country they'd be clamoring for a vaccine.

Has do your “own research” become a meme for anything else than reading, learning, thinking?

The “do your own research” crowd is so quick to cite multiple “studies” and unsubstantiated FaceBook articles from reputable and patriotic sources that nobody has ever heard of like labtruth.org or vaxknow.us warning us of many long-term side effects and dangers of the vaccine, while in the same breath saying it “just hasn’t been out long enough” and “we just don’t know enough.”

Which is it?

The “do your own research” crowd is so quick to cite multiple “studies” and unsubstantiated FaceBook articles from reputable and patriotic sources that nobody has ever heard of like labtruth.org or vaxknow.us warning us of many long-term side effects and dangers of the vaccine, while in the same breath saying it “just hasn’t been out long enough” and “we just don’t know enough.”

Which is it?
Something like 6 billion doses of covid vaxes have been given. If there was some big spooky problem, we’d all know by now.

More reason to despise this dirtbag:

Forced? There is a simple answer if he doesn't want to mandate his employees. Don't do government contracts. Even better...it would bring some relief to an, already overworked, employee group.

Last edited:
Something like 6 billion doses of covid vaxes have been given. If there was some big spooky problem, we’d all know by now.

I've been ovet on PJP tweeking people the last day or so. They believe that a massive uprising is coming and I've been pouring cold water on that idea. The reality is that many of them have bills to pay and kids to clothe and feed. They can grand stand all they want, but they will get stabbed when push comes to shove.

Them ~"Well Sweden has banned Moderna"
Me~ "Actually Sweden has paused it in people born before 1991"
Them ~".. well blood clots from moderna"
Me ~"well maybe death and possibly blood clots from COVID..."

I've been ovet on PJP tweeking people the last day or so. They believe that a massive uprising is coming and I've been pouring cold water on that idea. The reality is that many of them have bills to pay and kids to clothe and feed. They can grand stand all they want, but they will get stabbed when push comes to shove.

Yea but see...my cousins, brothers, nephews, sisters best friend, knows someone that got sick.

Yea but see...my cousins, brothers, nephews, sisters best friend, knows someone that got sick.

Them ~"I know THOUSANDS of Southwest pilots that called out sick."

Me~ "A huge number of cancelations happened back in early summer very similar to this before there was even word of a vaccine mandate. Southwest is very short staffed and any tickle to the system couses a huge cascading mess. It has nothing to do with vaccine mandates."

Them ~"No. This is different. The pilots are taking their airline back..."

Me~ "No. That would technically be illegal if were true."

Them ~ " 'Let's Go Brandon' "

Me~ "Facepalm"

not "blood clots" its myocarditis.

not "blood clots" its myocarditis.

I know what they were referring to. But I quoted them for accuracy. Even with that, the symptom is only temporary and subsides quickly with proper treatment. There are side effects from just about any medication a person takes. ‍

Back