SWA announces COVID vaccination required by Dec 8 to maintain employment

GypsyPilot

Mohawk Town

Southwest employees must show proof of vaccination or get a medical or religious exemption to continue employment with the airline, the company said.

“Delta Air Lines is now the only major carrier that is not mandating vaccinations for all employees. The company requires new employees to get vaccinated and imposes a $200 monthly surcharge for unvaccinated workers enrolled in the airline’s health care plan.”

Not a good look, Delta.
Yep, pitter patter Ed.

Also, I still can't wrap my head around the religious exemption.

“Delta Air Lines is now the only major carrier that is not mandating vaccinations for all employees. The company requires new employees to get vaccinated and imposes a $200 monthly surcharge for unvaccinated workers enrolled in the airline’s health care plan.”

Not a good look, Delta.

They'll eventually get on board.

Posted by a Facebook friend at Southworst. This crap is hilarious. :bounce:

007D918F-E6E3-4937-96EE-BAD119FBF8CC.jpeg

I’m betting less than 50 of them press to test. Talk is cheap.

Yep.

Anecdotal evidence, but as we see on this forum, the anti-vaxx types aren’t exactly qualified to do anything else for a similar income in another field.

That’s definitely been the case at my shop too. Basically the morons who need their hand held the entire trip are eating this anti-intellectual garbage up. The smart folks that could do a career switch were vaccinated long ago.

Yep.

Anecdotal evidence, but as we see on this forum, the anti-vaxx types aren’t exactly qualified to do anything else for a similar income in another field.

That’s definitely been the case at my shop too. Basically the morons who need their hand held the entire trip are eating this anti-intellectual garbage up. The smart folks that could do a career switch were vaccinated long ago.

I hope FedEx mandates it as well. I’d love to see these tough guys put their money where their mouth is. Although, I say… go ahead, leave, I’ll enjoy the seniority bump.

Not a good look, Delta.

Memo should be out by the end of the week is word going around…no way will Delta give up the Dept of D-Fence contracts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not a good look, Delta.

72 hrs or less.

Deltoids are not going to take a lone man stance.

Posted by a Facebook friend at Southworst. This crap is hilarious. :bounce:

View attachment 61123

PLEASE. Walk away. Own the pro vaxx libz by waking away from your 6 figure job to go stock shelves somewhere.

Imagine thinking it’s a difficult decision to get a vaccine or keep your highly desirable career destination job.

Although Southwest sucks, so maybe the “highly desirable” thing is an exaggeration.

On the hotel van this morning, SWA pilots were on there talking big smack. Supposedly there is a group already formed called the “Freedom Flyers.” They aren’t going down without a fight. The amount of stupid people who are in charge of airplanes is mind boggling.

PLEASE. Walk away. Own the pro vaxx libz by waking away from your 6 figure job to go stock shelves somewhere.

Imagine thinking it’s a difficult decision to get a vaccine or keep your highly desirable career destination job.

Although Southwest sucks, so maybe the “highly desirable” thing is an exaggeration.
I love all the pilots who swear they can just walk away because they don’t depend on this job for income. They all have multiple rental properties, are day traders, own a full-time business, etc. So let me get this straight, this is the hill you are going to die on?

On the hotel van this morning, SWA pilots were on there talking big smack. Supposedly there is a group already formed called the “Freedom Flyers.” They aren’t going down without a fight. The amount of stupid people who are in charge of airplanes is mind boggling.

I don’t have a fight in the vax debate, but to call fellow pilots “stupid” for questioning government/company mandates is far from stupid. What we need more than ever is an open mind, questioning/researching everything and to stay far away from social media.

Not only this, but we need to be more united. It’s so sad to see the animosity like this between fellow human beings, and even the small amounts of professional aviators like ourselves.

This whole thing is just tearing everyone/everything apart.

Last edited:
Back