SWA announces COVID vaccination required by Dec 8 to maintain employment

I mean it does stop you from getting or spreading Covid in most cases, it's just not 100% effective; but then few things are perfectly effective 100% of the time. Plus even if you do catch Covid it greatly reduces your chances of having a severe case, needing to be hospitalized or dying.

People applying digital logic to something as squishy and messy as people amuses me greatly.

It's one great big analog world.

Guess we'll see.

@Derg your airline is rapidly becoming the airline of choice for the anti vaxxing dollar.

You do understand that I may have a more, err, uniquely intimate understanding about certain things at a certain carrier, yes?

Delta and Dollar Tree are really going to make bank on the lucrative trailer trash crowd!

They can't afford to fly Delta!

Can't help but look down on people can you.

The better question is how much of the bigger clientele is he going to chase off with his anti vax mandate stance.

Keyboard warriors are saying that they're boycotting flying UA because their pilots are gonna be vaxed. And are worried about them dying, or having an emergency in-flight as a result.

Last edited:
They can't afford to fly Delta!

Keyboard warriors are saying that they're boycotting flying UA because their pilots are gonna be vaxed. And are worried about them dying or having an emergency in-flight as a result.

Haha that’s the wrong reason to be worried about your pilot dying.

We should be worried about the: horrible food, long hours, terrible working conditions, radiation exposure, compounding fatigue, poor staffing etc.

But yay society! Yay (some) pilots! You chose this as your hill to die on?

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keyboard warriors are saying that they're boycotting flying UA because their pilots are gonna be vaxed. And are worried about them dying or having an emergency in-flight as a result.

Well, they aren’t and no matter how many moronic anti-science Freedumb people think so, it doesn’t make it reality.

Hell, we’re 90%-plus at this point and good luck on finding an open seat anywhere. I’ve gone from mild patience to abject ridicule of the “OMG I want a balloon, I’m scared of the needle” crowd.

Well, they aren’t and no matter how many moronic anti-science Freedumb people think so, it doesn’t make it reality.

Hell, we’re 90%-plus at this point and good luck on finding an open seat anywhere. I’ve gone from mild patience to abject ridicule of the “OMG I want a balloon, I’m scared of the needle” crowd.

Color me surprised that @Wardoggis so in favor of Delta. When most are getting vexed, in compliance with the company mandate. In order to avoid paying an extra $200 a month in insurance. But I guess in his mind, company mandate good. But federal mandate = bad. I thought that they were against any all mandates.

Heard this week at work, by two Trump loving employees of mine. Saying that forced mandates are against the Geneva Convention accords.

Color me surprised that @Wardoggis so in favor of Delta. When most are getting vexed, in compliance with the company mandate. In order to avoid paying an extra $200 a month in insurance. But I guess in his mind, company mandate good. But federal mandate = bad. I thought that they were against any all mandates.

Heard this week at work, by two Trump loving employees of mine. Saying that forced mandates are against the Geneva Convention accords.

I just think people don’t press ‘pause’ and think things through.

It’s just hilarious how invested some of our fellow Americans are in an old, tired argument about the concept of vaccinations. I wonder if 2021 was anything similar to Luddites screaming in the streets during the accelerating Industrial Age.

It didn’t matter how they felt no matter how strongly they felt about it. Progress has prevailed.

speaking of middle seats, was on a SWA flight the other week and there was this group of big overweight dudes, all of whom took the middle seat in empty rows they came across, figuring no one would want to sit next to them…..from what I gathered from their conversation. :)

Guess we'll see.

@Derg your airline is rapidly becoming the airline of choice for the anti vaxxing dollar.

They still require covid vaccines for newhires. They also took a different route than others for current employees. They essentially required people to get vaccinated or pay an extra $2400/year for insurance. They are pro-vaccine, they just don't seem to want to take a hard position on mandates.

Honestly, I find it funny no one really seems to complain about new hire vaccine mandates. I bet if a class date is offered people drop their anti-vax position in a heartbeat.

speaking of middle seats, was on a SWA flight the other week and there was this group of big overweight dudes, all of whom took the middle seat in empty rows they came across, figuring no one would want to sit next to them…..from what I gathered from their conversation. :)
Not a bad tactic and one I employ on lightly booked flights.

Back