SWA announces COVID vaccination required by Dec 8 to maintain employment

The point is, do your part or move to a cabin in the middle of the woods and stop mooching off the benefits of civilized society while actively undermining it.

Civilized society? Are you not aware of current affairs? PAX attacking FA’s, PAX attacking flight decks, PAX fighting PAX, “Karens,” school shootings, crowd shootings, people fighting against masked, vaccinations debates, BLM riots, daily acts of injustice, murder, rape, discrimination, etc? The list can go on and on.

I don’t have a fight in the vax debate, but to call fellow pilots “stupid” for questioning government/company mandates is far from stupid. What we need more than ever is an open mind, questioning/researching everything and to stay far away from social media.

Not only this, but we need to be more united. It’s so sad to see the animosity like this between fellow human beings, and even the small amounts of professional aviators like ourselves.

This whole thing is just tearing everyone/everything apart.

Nah.

A minority of idiots are making it difficult for the rest of us that took a little shot and moved on.

Anti-vaxxers want special treatment for their ignorant viewpoint. A position that has caused many of us long term issues such as quarantines on layovers, worries about infection while flying, and concerns about a divided pilot group.

I drove 4 hours out of Denver in March to get my first Moderna shot ASAP with my nurse/RN wife. This was after one of my first trips back to the US after living a nightmare of worry about getting COVID abroad for all of 2020. I was so happy to finally get my first vaccine shot! It meant an end was in sight to all of this BS!

Unfortunately that’s not what happened. Idiots got suckered by Facebook memes and are determined to drag this on as long as possible.

So screw you dude. You are causing major harm to me and my family with your ignorance. Yes, you are part of the problem with posts like this. I will NEVER forget it.

Nah.

A minority of idiots are making it difficult for the rest of us that took a little shot and moved on.

Anti-vaxxers want special treatment for their ignorant viewpoint. A position that has caused many of us long term issues such as quarantines on layovers, worries about infection while flying, and concerns about a divided pilot group.

I drove 4 hours out of Denver in March to get my first Moderna shot ASAP with my nurse/RN wife. This was after one of my first trips back to the US after living a nightmare of worry about getting COVID abroad for all of 2020. I was so happy to finally get my first vaccine shot! It meant an end was in sight to all of this BS!

Unfortunately that’s not what happened. Idiots got suckered by Facebook memes and are determined to drag this on as long as possible.

So screw you dude. You are causing major harm to me and my family with your ignorance. Yes, you are part of the problem with posts like this. I will NEVER forget it.

Man, apparently I wasn’t clear. I’m not discussing the vax debate, yet you’re all gung-ho in voicing your opinion about it. I’ve gotten the vax. Let’s drop all the debates and just discuss things; be logical about things, research things and discuss them. Be united for goodness sakes.

Your post clearly shows the reactions of animosity amongst everyone. And again, from my post, it’s tearing us apart. Yet, you’re just wanting to perpetuate that.

Man, apparently I wasn’t clear. I’m not discussing the vax debate, yet you’re all gung-ho in voicing your opinion about it. Let’s drop all the debates and just discuss things; be logical about things, research things and discuss them. Be united for goodness sakes.

Your post clearly shows the reactions of animosity amongst everyone. And again, from my post, it’s tearing us apart. Yet, you’re just wanting to perpetuate that.

No, you are. The evidence is clear. Get vaccinated and move on with life. Giving a voice to these anti-science anti-vax morons is holding us back and I’m tired of it and I no longer have tolerance for it. Get with the program or get out of the way. We’re moving on, with or without you.

No, you are. The evidence is clear. Get vaccinated and move on with life. Giving a voice to these anti-science anti-vax morons is holding us back and I’m tired of it and I no longer have tolerance for it. Get with the program or get out of the way. We’re moving on, with or without you.

I’ve been vaccinated, which I stated ALREADY in my previous post.

So, again, you’re not understanding.

I don’t have a fight in the vax debate, but to call fellow pilots “stupid” for questioning government/company mandates is far from stupid. What we need more than ever is an open mind, questioning/researching everything and to stay far away from social media.

Open mind =

original.jpg

Questioning/researching everything =

image.jpg

Man, apparently I wasn’t clear. I’m not discussing the vax debate, yet you’re all gung-ho in voicing your opinion about it. I’ve gotten the vax. Let’s drop all the debates and just discuss things; be logical about things, research things and discuss them. Be united for goodness sakes.

There is no debate. By refusing the vaccine, you’re actively causing potential harm to society.

You’re trying to walk this imaginary middle ground line and in doing so, look like a complete ass.

“Look guys, jumping out of an airplane with no parachute might seem stupid, but society is so divided right now and people shouldn’t be judged on having an opinion.”

That’s basically your point, and it’s incredibly stupid.

Get the vaccine, or lose your job. You don’t have a right to work at ANY airline.

So, again, you’re not understanding.

I think you’re getting pushback because of the “question everything/do your own research” comment.

There are comparatively few people qualified to do research in virology or epidemiology. You and I and everyone else not in this small group would simply be gathering information. The problem is that you can always find someone who appears somewhat qualified who agrees with whatever preconceived ideas you have, and most people don’t have the background reading academic research to be able to differentiate legitimate work from BS.

This is exacerbated in this current situation because there’s new data coming in constantly so interpretations aren’t changing frequently…which is exactly how the scientific method is supposed to work. That’s making the jobs of public health officials really difficult because their mitigation recommendations change accordingly.

That’s why it’s not about “doing our own research”, it’s about thinking critically about who we’re getting our info from. In my county, do we listen to the phd’s/md’s who work for the public health department who have been trying to get us all vaccinated, or do we listen to Tea Party activist Bob (he has no apparent job other than “conservative activist) and accountant Georgette, elected to the health department’s board of directors, who post sweet anti-vax memes on their Facebook?

Nah.

You summed up things for me too. There was a light at the end of the tunnel. Instead we have horse dewormer and “my body my choice.” Your choice is to get vaccinated or have a very small list of employment opportunities.

Open mind =

original.jpg

Questioning/researching everything =

image.jpg

Would you have an open mind if a non-pilot walked up to the cockpit and started telling you how to fly your airplane?

On a side note, I'm being interviewed for a corporate WN job (not sure I'd take it, but doing the interview). They sent a notice to me the other day to agree that I was either fully vaxxed or would be as a condition of employment.

Back