SWA announces COVID vaccination required by Dec 8 to maintain employment

They are asking if you are vaccinated on pilot credentials.. as for proof prior to interview I’ve not been asked anything, yet.

This. I reapplied for this window and I received an email within 48 hours after submitting asking me if I was vaccinated, planned to be or “understand you will be removed from the hiring process if neither option is suitable”. I submitted a scan of my vax card with the rest of my paperwork I have uploaded in my profile.

perhaps.jpg

I'm honestly surprised they aren't requiring it as a prerequisite to an on-site in person interview.

I wish they would. Otherwise, we’re just kicking the can down the road.

Pilots lie. ”I applied, knowingly, for a job which required a Yellow Fever and COVID vaccination but on the night before I start ground school, Oh, I need a medical or religious exemption”.

”But… you just… what?!”

I don’t think it’s happened… yet.

I wish they would. Otherwise, we’re just kicking the can down the road.

Pilots lie. ”I applied, knowingly, for a job which required a Yellow Fever and COVID vaccination but on the night before I start ground school, Oh, I need a medical or religious exemption”.

”But… you just… what?!”

I don’t think it’s happened… yet.

When is your shop gonna pull the trigger?

Disappointing. I expected SJI to be the first. Even the two conservative Texas based majors did it already.

So where’s our resident attorney / constitutional scholar? Do you think any of these cease and desist, status quo violations, or other hail Mary’s being spooled up by the various unions and independent websites have any chance of stopping this thing prior to Dec 8th?
And if not, in the months and years ahead would the unions be able to get pilots their jobs back with back pay?

it’s going to be quite a wake up call for some of these guys when they realize that the right doesn’t typically care much about labor unions.

Last edited:
So where’s our resident attorney / constitutional scholar? Do you think any of these cease and desist, status quo violations, or other hail Mary’s being spooled up by the various unions and independent websites have any chance of stopping this thing prior to Nov 8th?
And if not, in the months and years ahead would the unions be able to get pilots their jobs back with back pay?

it’s going to be quite a wake up call for some of these guys when they realize that the right doesn’t typically care much about labor unions.

If it didn’t work for the nurses and health care workers that have already been terminated, I certainly don’t see why it would work for these guys.

So where’s our resident attorney / constitutional scholar? Do you think any of these cease and desist, status quo violations, or other hail Mary’s being spooled up by the various unions and independent websites have any chance of stopping this thing prior to Dec 8th?

I'm not sure if our DALPA letter is public, so I googled it and found a FedEx one. These "Freedom Flyer" fools are wasting their time and money.

tldr: "The answer is, yes, an employer-imposed vaccine mandate is lawful." Backed up by 100 years of precedent.

Back