SteveC's accumulated "Loan Rant" posts

Seggy said:
I am living VERY cheaply as well. Gotta love .99 cent microwave meals.

If you're buying pre-made meals you're spending too much :)! Plus they're way too small for me :).

1 lb of pasta = $0.70
1 can of (hunts) spaghetti sauce = $0.80

That's worth about 5 meals right there. My gf and I survived on pasta and sauce, along with peanut butter and jelly for about a year.

In regards to credit card debt, I had a few thousand after graduating college. I sold my car to pay it off and rode a bike/car pooled to work for a few months. It sucked but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now I've got zero credit card debt and $13k in loans left. No TFB though :(. She's got $28k in loans...

wheelsup said:
If you're buying pre-made meals you're spending too much :)! Plus they're way too small for me :).

1 lb of pasta = $0.70
1 can of (hunts) spaghetti sauce = $0.80

That's worth about 5 meals right there. My gf and I survived on pasta and sauce, along with peanut butter and jelly for about a year.

In regards to credit card debt, I had a few thousand after graduating college. I sold my car to pay it off and rode a bike/car pooled to work for a few months. It sucked but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now I've got zero credit card debt and $13k in loans left. No TFB though :(. She's got $28k in loans...

Ive gotta admit man, thats really cool you are active in reducing your debt. Most people wouldnt give up their car or other luxuries for the life of them. Im sure when all your debt is completely gone it'll be a sweeet feeling!

On that note I know some people with $50,000 in debt or more and they just dont care...:whatever:

bLizZuE said:
I prefer to live happy, and be in debt.

It's only money.

You have no idea how much less stress I have with a zero balance on the credit cards. Living happily doesn't mean you need to go out and buy stuff all the time, IMO.

S40_flyer said:
On that note I know some people with $50,000 in debt or more and they just dont care...:whatever:

I think if I had that much debt it would be hard to come to grips with. I don't know what I would do at that point. I can understand their thought process, however. It would certainly suck.

wheelsup said:
You have no idea how much less stress I have with a zero balance on the credit cards. Living happily doesn't mean you need to go out and buy stuff all the time, IMO.

:yeahthat:So many cool things in life are FREE!

wheelsup said:
I think if I had that much debt it would be hard to come to grips with. I don't know what I would do at that point. I can understand their thought process, however. It would certainly suck.

It depends on your situation. My brother and sister had that much in debt but then they are working jobs that pay well and it's all educational debt so that's one thing. If you rack up $50K in credit card debt, well, that's another one entirely.

Back