Speaking of Southwest - July 2019 Hiring

From what I’ve heard, they are planning on hiring about 60, and then assigning 3 separate class dates comprised of 20 spots for those 60. I’ve heard an early (January-ish) class, another spring class, and then a summer class. Only way to know for sure what they are planning on doing is wait until it happens. Good luck

From what I’ve heard, they are planning on hiring about 60, and then assigning 3 separate class dates comprised of 20 spots for those 60. I’ve heard an early (January-ish) class, another spring class, and then a summer class. Only way to know for sure what they are planning on doing is wait until it happens. Good luck
Anybody know if they are going to hire for all 3 classes from this bid or post a new one?

How was the test? Everyone pass?

it’ll take about a week and a half to two weeks to find out if you move on to phone interviews. They don’t tell you if you “pass” or not. You either did well enough to move on in the process or not and the only way to know that is to get your email/phone call

This week is just for the test. Was on the 21st, 22nd, and the 25th. Yes test is very hard. Next week the emails will go out for the phone interview. If you get one for the phone interview, then you passed the test.

Honestly it's not so much that its hard material, but the way the questions were worded and the answer choices presented. Very tricky. Afterwards I googled some of the ones I was iffy on and realized some mistakes I made which made me wish I could rewind time and slap myself.

Fun little test. There were one or two (or more) questions where the wording may have made me stumble. Considering how competitive this opening is, I would say it was a fair test,

This was my first time testing with a "Major". It tripped me up pretty good. I believe I scored around 80% which I doubt is good enough to hang with the big dogs. Good luck to those who make it to the interview!

This was my first time testing with a "Major". It tripped me up pretty good. I believe I scored around 80% which I doubt is good enough to hang with the big dogs. Good luck to those who make it to the interview!

As I recall, they have a passing threshold percentage - everyone who passes that percentage normally gets an interview. I think 80% might be good enough (although not positive.) At any rate, good luck!

I find I always think I did terribly on the test. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised.

It's graded on a curve. Not sure of the exact percentages but its something like the top 20% of externals and the top 20% of internals that scored the best on the test move onto the interview stage.

Back