350 A DTW
350 A ATL
330 A SEA
330 A DTW
330 A MSP
330 A ATL
330 A NYC
What, no 717B? :D

Dig those choices, hope you get back to #bunklife again. Some iteration of 330B / 220A > B for me and some 320 backup for good measure. My re-displacement muddies the waters just a little, but overall think the 7ER is dead to me :(

I’m low 3000’s so you never know. 350 means I’m done, 330 means variety. Either would suffice.
Yep, just flew with a 2,800’ish number on a fun LAX trip he’s hanging out on the 7ER for awhile longer so plenty of folks who won’t make the jump to the Airbii yet. Slide right in there! Hoping SEA 330B somehow stays relatively junior but doubt it.

I’m low 3000’s so you never know. 350 means I’m done, 330 means variety. Either would suffice.

Is it bad that, with 25 years left, I'm already trying to plot out not having to learn a new airplane after 55?

I mean planning for the future and aviation aren't things you should say, or think about, in the same sentence, but I can dream, right?

Is it bad that, with 25 years left, I'm already trying to plot out not having to learn a new airplane after 55?

You already fly "Le Bus," right? What more do your really need? That's not dreamy, it's just efficient use of whatever brain cells you have remaining. ;)

You already fly "Le Bus," right? What more do your really need? That's not dreamy, it's just efficient use of whatever brain cells you have remaining. ;)

The next widebody scheduled for delivery where I'm at is not an Airbus, so at some point, if I want to keep living the #bunklife (thanks @bike21) I'll have to learn the ways of a Boeing. I'm guessing there will be at least two more widebody aircraft types after that brought on in the next 25 years.

The next widebody scheduled for delivery where I'm at is not an Airbus, so at some point, if I want to keep living the #bunklife (thanks @bike21) I'll have to learn the ways of a Boeing. I'm guessing there will be at least two more widebody aircraft types after that brought on in the next 25 years.
I forgot the /s at the end of my post

I mean planning for the future and aviation aren't things you should say, or think about, in the same sentence, but I can dream, right?

Imagine, 31 years to go and all I have to look forward to is the Guppy. #sad

Imagine, 31 years to go and all I have to look forward to is the Guppy. #sad
1617474413679.gif

Yep, just flew with a 2,800’ish number on a fun LAX trip he’s hanging out on the 7ER for awhile longer so plenty of folks who won’t make the jump to the Airbii yet. Slide right in there! Hoping SEA 330B somehow stays relatively junior but doubt it.

I would love any A in NYC on this bid but as an early 17 hire, I’m pessimistic I won’t get it considering what’s happened the last year.

I got my last type in my early 50’s - turned down quite a few opportunities since then. Challengers (300, 350, 605], Hawker, Sovereign, smaller Gulfstream...all a hard pass. I’m good, thanks!

Started saving for retirement 30 years ago and could (financially) retire today; I am enjoying the trips/lifestyle/QOL/passengers on the Learjets; I have a hard schedule I can count on for a year out; and I don’t have any desire/need for a bigger/better airframe.

Life is good!

Back