SJI Displacements Cancelled

Just got signed off the other day and now mine is pushed up. I'm going back to do it all over in November. They got me for 3 months on the lineo_O, meanwhile some of my classmates are going for their first airplane in January. I'll have two types before they even fly a jet. How did I get so unlucky!
Not sure if you're being snarky or not. If snark, disregard.

Yet, I have heard airline pilotz say that kind of thing with no irony intended.

Only an airline employee pilot would say something like that and mean it.

For the love of flying, folks! The more types, the better! Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger. Etc.

Little work; lots of pay.
It's the new
American Way!

No wonder some of y'all hating unions and sucking at the feet of billionaires who never pay taxes.

Last edited:

Only an airline employee pilot would say something like that and mean it. For the love of flying! The more types, the better!

It's the new
American Way!

No wonder some of y'all hating unions and sucking at the feet of billionaires who never pay taxes.
maxresdefault.jpg

Only an airline employee pilot would say something like that and mean it. For the love of flying! The more types, the better!

It's the new
American Way!

Playing golf and camping getting ALV sounds better than 7 days off last month jam packed with training. Isn't this working harder for my money? I guess stat padding your cert with types is cool, but most of my friends and family don't even know what a type is, so...

Playing golf and camping getting ALV sounds better than 7 days off last month jam packed with training. Isn't this working harder for my money? I guess stat padding your cert with types is cool, but most of my friends and family don't even know what a type is, so...
Well, no offense meant, but really???

This is the problem with America and the world right now!

Who CARES what anyone else thinks?!?

I mean, there's math... and then there are an infinite variety of wrong answers to math problems.

Every day. Always...

Get better. Get stonger. Get faster. Get smarter...

Or kill yourself; if you don't care, you're just taking up space and being used to purchase plastic bottles full of various liquids to enrich a few rich guys.

Be excellent, or die.

Last edited:
I assume CARES meant the act?

Yeah, it’s very American to be complaining about major airline jobs here considering the CARES act. So cares if you got two types? At least you have a job. And got paid. On taxpayer’s dime.

I assume CARES meant the act?

Yeah, it’s very American to be complaining about major airline jobs here considering the CARES act. So cares if you got two types? At least you have a job. And got paid. On taxpayer’s dime.
Well see, that would indicate you lack reading comprehension by context.

Carry on.

Oh. You failed to see the carry on word that I did.

Never mind then. Carry on for real…

Well, you missed the "WHO" in "'who' cares if you got... ." Is THAT the word to which you refer?

If not, please educate me. BTW, was your "carry on" word a word, or a phrase, or perhaps a clause??? Or perhaps something you felt in your groin but failed to explicate?

Well, you missed the "WHO" in "'who' cares if you got..." Is THAT the word to which you refer?

If not, please educate me.

No. I completely changed the subject. About complaining American pilots during the pandemic, when compared to the rest of the world. The CARES Act was unprecedented. Other countries just laid pilots off with no effs given.

So I took the CARES part of your post to point this tidbit of reality out. I know you meant the other kind of cares. Get with the program. :) It’s not like I said this is a tragedy.

No. I completely changed the subject. About complaining American pilots during the pandemic, when compared to the rest of the world. The CARES Act was unprecedented. Other countries just laid pilots off with no effs given.

So I took the CARES part of your post to point this tidbit of reality out. I know you meant the other kind of cares. Get with the program. :) It’s not like I said this is a tragedy.
OK. Copy. Most of these transmissions these days need extreme clarification. Lot's of intentional, enemy-directed static on frequency. :)

I don't know what is happening right now. Are we saying on an airline forum what's wrong with America is that it's wrong to want to work less for your money vs working harder for it? I mean hey whatever floats your boat. I was highlighting people got a good hand to hangout, gain seniority, and enjoy time off paid. Think you two are going off into the weeds in what was a more sarcastic post but still.

That's like arguing credit:block ratio is what's wrong with America. Y'all lost me.

Last edited:
I don't know what is happening right now. Are we saying on an airline forum what's wrong with America is that it's wrong to want to work less for your money vs working harder for it? I mean hey whatever floats your boat. I was highlighting people got a good hand to hangout, gain seniority, and enjoy time off paid. Think you two are going off into the weeds in what was a more sarcastic post but still
YES. That IS what I'm saying, kind of.

I'm not saying it's bad to be efficient. I'm saying it's bad to expect to get paid without providing any actual value commensurate to one's contribution. You know -for the chosen few- being born on third base and assuming you hit a triple. OR, more typically -for the relatively highly paid wage slaves- having a job for which one's actual work schedule has no relationship to actual growing seasons, demand cycles, or even traditional "work weeks". In other words, getting paid in measure not associated with one's actual contribution to production or profit.

So, from that standpoint, you are correct to be shocked.

Damned near everything we know these days about work ethic and productivity and "wealth creation" is modern popular mythology, marketed to you for the last 40 years by a billionaire near YOU!

Y'all talk about "work ethic" and "pulling one'self up by one's bootstraps" and "I grew up in a log cabin, and now I'm a millionaire" and "those dadgum'd lazy gubmin't employees with their pensions and their health insurance and their lazy ways" and "I love cops, 'cept for them cops what try to protect the citadel of our democracy" and "I love veterans, 'cept for them for which I have to pay for healthcare" and, and, and, and... you name the obviously hypocritical statement of the modern political "dialog".

For over 40 years now, we've all been taught by billionaires -and the marketing firms and politicians purchased by those billionaires- to hate each other because of non-issues like gun control and abortion and owerriaaaaghts! You know, fabricated issues designed to anger us and distract us from the bigger issues that, unaddressed, lead us working stiffs to fall deeper into the abyss of a neo-feudalistic reality. To wit: that all us working stiffs continue to live "at the pleasure of" the billionaire class.

Last edited:
Oh boy. This is good. Remember this one boys and girls, next time you bid to work less your work ethic will be in question. Maybe it's time for you to head back to the lavatory.

Oh boy. This is good. Remember this one boys and girls, next time you bid to work less your work ethic will be in question. Maybe it's time for you to head back to the lavatory.
Or... maybe it's time for you to love flying and WANT to fly instead of "putting up" with your onerous, relatively extremely highly paid "pinch-me-I'm-getting-paid-to-do-this" job. And then... to start going after the true usurpers - the freaking airline corporate managers.

Or... maybe it's time for you to love flying and WANT to fly instead of "putting up" with your onerous, relatively extremely highly paid "pinch-me-I'm-getting-paid-to-do-this" job. And then... to start going after the true usurpers - the freaking airline corporate managers.
You can love your job and be happy to be at work while being envious of others getting lots of time off and paid. Your messages are all over the place.

Back