SJI Displacements Cancelled

This is not something to be excited about if you like doing • other than flying airplanes, to be clear. Just saying.
You're approaching it the wrong way. This month I bid for the minimum allowed for the month (65 hours). I picked up 1 greenslip and swapped one of my trips for a higher timed trip under the same footprint and now I'm getting paid 100 hours. Work smarter, not harder.

American Airlines (AAL.O) said Monday it intends "to resume pilot hiring this fall with approximately 300 new pilots joining us by the end of the year and double that number in 2022."

Southwest Airlines (LUV.N) still has about 500 pilots participating in its voluntary leave program but the airline said Monday it "anticipates hiring first officers" later this year "to support the airline’s 2022 operations and scheduled aircraft deliveries."

Chicago-based United Airlines (UAL.O) aims to start adding some 300 new pilot hires in the coming weeks, but hiring beyond that would depend "to some degree on the speed at which we recover from the pandemic," a spokesman said.

The world has healed at a certain carrier and life is 90 hours plus and 11 off. Currently doing IOE with a new hire on a four day where somehow every day is a 12 hour day with a four hour sit followed by a min rest overnight. Aside from day one which was only ten hours.
No further questions.

UPS early out numbers are absurd. Some combination of extremely strong investment performance and the Covid Hell, I guess.
I think it's the horrible domestic schedules. Used to be there were senior lines for senior pilots. You always hoped to reach that level someday. Then things changed and skeds were crap for everybody no matter the seniority. International may not have changed much but the domestic lines are terrible. Why put up with that if you're 60 and have 30 years in. Retirements are only going to escalate.

Got the memo this morning that all displacements from the May 2020 bid are cancelled that haven't trained already. Hopefully a good sign overall, but still more shuffling to come yet. They are saying 85-90% pre-COVID capacity for summer 2022, might seem optimistic but sure hope so.
SJI?? Standard Jury Instructions?

This is not something to be excited about if you like doing • other than flying airplanes, to be clear. Just saying.
I don't see his excitement in that post but they are greenslips, and therefore voluntary. And they just keep getting covered so i guess it's fine.

Projected training for many of us pushed, way, waaay back. Can’t say I’m stoked about it.

Projected training for many of us pushed, way, waaay back. Can’t say I’m stoked about it.
Just got signed off the other day and now mine is pushed up. I'm going back to do it all over in November. They got me for 3 months on the lineo_O, meanwhile some of my classmates are going for their first airplane in January. I'll have two types before they even fly a jet. How did I get so unlucky!

Just got signed off the other day and now mine is pushed up. I'm going back to do it all over in November. They got me for 3 months on the lineo_O, meanwhile some of my classmates are going for their first airplane in January. I'll have two types before they even fly a jet. How did I get so unlucky!

?

You got pushed from one fleet to another in 3 months as newhire?

Ehm if they're not paying you that's awful but if they are that's a paid vacation!???
Still on my same bird for now so all good in that department. Was just really looking forward to a pay bump and back to dozing for dollars but alas. Things could be worse.

Due to not being able to let you go to the new plane because they need you on the old plane, or because they no longer need you on the new plane?
They haven’t said anything yet that I’ve seen. Assume it’s a need for narrow body stuff as international is slow to recover still.

The double training thing is just...asinine.

The double training thing is just...asinine.

The other way of doing it is to seatlock new hires in their first plane. Sucks for them though because after they are off first year pay, a pilot junior to them could be making considerably more if they still get held.

The other way of doing it is to seatlock new hires in their first plane. Sucks for them though because after they are off first year pay, a pilot junior to them could be making considerably more if they still get held.
New hires are seat locked. During the no furlough agreement we got the liberty of first bid back not being seat locked. Which is why they placed 2 bids 1 month from eachother. Supposedly the whole reason to double train is because they need pilots in the seat for the training for the other person. So it's more for a seat sub in the sims, I guess. Some people will reach just about year 3 pay before ever having a foot on the line from this whole covid staffing planning...

Back