Regional to Regional as FO??? Comments?

99.999999% of lateral moves DO NOT work.

If you want better pay at the place you are at, remember, there is a vote for ALPA coming up from November 24th to December 17th!

I wouldn't say the percentage is that high.

I think people swapping for faster aircraft or a dollar or two an hour is ridiculous and not well thought out. But I do think that QOL moves and work conditions that the pros definitely outweigh the cons are smart moves within the first...year maybe.

I think the well thought out ones are probably 75% of the moves and generally all work out. the 25% that move for SJS are ridiculous and usually blow up in thier face.

To the OP, while I would say you are nuts to try and change chairs in this musical dance now, stay where you are and just watch the ground speed. Sometimes with a good tailwind it is fast.

QOL can and will change overnight at regionals. Quite frankly, 'QOL' is an oxymoron at a regional as far as I am concerned. Todays darlings can be the worst place to work tomorrow.

Airdale, they now reimburse parking at your home airport or your airport you are based at, your choice.

QOL can and will change overnight at regionals. Quite frankly, 'QOL' is an oxymoron at a regional as far as I am concerned. Todays darlings can be the worst place to work tomorrow.

Airdale, they now reimburse parking at your home airport or your airport you are based at, your choice.
If that's the case do you still support the idea of "get in and get out"?

attachment.php

Attachments

• ahdf4tpgjkth_576dmbvj5ds_b.jpg
    ahdf4tpgjkth_576dmbvj5ds_b.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 216
They do? As a commuter who flies plenty of CRJ trips...the 170 airframe is a night and day difference when it comes to room.
Yup. And as far as I can tell you are saying the 170's are more comfortable (as far as I'm concerned without question). Pax load, turn right and say something assine to the person behind them.
Not all pax obviously, but I've heard it sitting up front of a compass flight and the FO and Captain palm slap their foreheads in stereo.

I've heard the same comments on 737's. Surely they are bigger and more comfortable than all 3 types afore mentioned.

I am going to stick with it that lateral moves really don't work *most* of the time. When you do get the time to upgrade, get your time, and then interview at your dream job, might have some explaining to do.

For example you had guys leave Delta, go to MaxJet when a bankruptcy was declared at Delta and times where bad. An interviewer MIGHT think of that as a loyalty problem and you might need to explain your way out of it. They won't buy the QOL excuse, especially when the person interviewing you was displaced from DFW when they closed the base to New York.

They do? As a commuter who flies plenty of CRJ trips...the 170 airframe is a night and day difference when it comes to room.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a RAH pilot correct somebody who said they'd "follow the RJ" with "it's not an RJ, it's a transitional jet" I'd be rich.

AX = Trans States Airlines
G7 = GOJet Airlines

So while his fellow TSA pilots where being furloughed, losing their jobs, he went to GOJets.

Dumb career move!

I believe he was furloughed from TSA first, but that doesn't make it much better.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a RAH pilot correct somebody who said they'd "follow the RJ" with "it's not an RJ, it's a transitional jet" I'd be rich.

It's not a regional jet, it's not a transitional jet it is a replacement jet. These are mainline aircraft. Well, so is the CRJ-700/900 too though.

So what if you're furloughed? Is it better to wait it out and hope for a recall or go to another regional that is hiring and start all over?

I left Colgan for Eagle just over a year ago.

So far, I love it.

The "but you could have been a captain by now..." doesn't really sit well with me. I know guys that were far senior to me at CJC that just recently upgraded. What with out of seniority upgrades, random base closures, and the continual fluctuation of schedule issues... I don't miss CJC at all.

Factor in that I'm making more than a Beech captain as a 2nd year FO... and with work rules my pay will rival a Saab Captain's... well.. life ain't bad.

It's a ballsy move to go to a place with the infamous "Decade to Upgrade" program, but I'm sure you've all read my thoughts on that "Get Up and Get Out" line of thinking. I'm here to stay for the next 35 years, if need be.

I'm not moving 'up' unless it's just too good to pass up. My lateral move was a decision I've never regretted.

I sat down with my buddy at Skywest the other night and we did the compare regionals thing. Now, keep in mind, he's been at Skywest longer than I've been at Pinnacle. Actually, he's been flying 121 about 2 years longer than I've been doing it. He started at Mesa and went to Skywest for QoL reasons (commuting and pay, mainly).

Skywest has a LOT of nice things. Automated drop swap, duty rigs, min day guarantee are all things I'd love to have over here. BUT, would I want to jump ship to another regional to start over at 1st year pay again to sit on the bottom of a seniority list? Hell, no. I could have jumped from Pinnacle over to Mesaba or Compasss, too. I chose to stick it out here. Luckily, things worked out and I upgraded in two years (almost to the day, actually). To me, jumping in a lateral move is a serious "The grass is greener" scenario. Now, if it's an easier commute or allows for you to live in base, then jump on it. That's one of the things that makes the lack of good things in our contract here bearable. I drive 10 minutes to work. My buddy at Skywest has to commute from LAS-DEN.

LAS-DEN isn't a bad run.

True, but living in base still owns commuting. I'll only commute from Orlando, and even then, I'm reluctant to do it while I'm still at a regional. Although if MEM gets shafted in the merger, well, that means I get involuntarily displaced and the company pays for the move. :)

Back