R44 Useful Load

Jason

Excuse my ignorance as I know virtually nothing about helicopters but is the R44 a true 4 seat helicopter? And what I mean is - are the back seats big enough for someone to actually sit in and does it have a large enough useful load to actually take 4 people plus enough gas to fly for a decent amount of time? Are there any other 4 seat light helicopter options?

Jason

Useful load with full fuel is 700 lbs or 300 lbs per seat. The back seat is big enough to fit real people. At altitude though it can be a pig when at max gross. I do like them quite a bit; hydraulic controls make them easy to fly. I do not know of any other piston four seaters. Enstrom has a three place that handles well and is cheap to operate.

It's going. It seems to be the hardest thing I have ever done. Studying for the written is kicking my butt. I am going to take it next week then follow it with the II written.

Sweet, good luck man. Must be hard, but probably one of the funnest things on earth. How much actual instrument time do you/have you fly/flown?

Back