Purdue fleet

Last I heard it would be Cessna 172s, in the next couple of years but I believe PU is still in the market.

Due to business sensitivity issues, I can't tell how I know but I would look for that change to happen in alot less than a couple of years. It may very well end up being Cessnas but that hasn't been decided yet - I believe the RFP is still out.

I'll in Lafayette on Friday for the big building dedication!

Diamond wants the contract as well. I'd be surprised if Cessna didn't get it. I'm betting it's largely dependent on which brand maintenance is more comfortable with.

If Purdue goes Diamond, they can say goodbye to me training with them. I'll just stick with the FBO if that happens.

I agree, the Diamond is a good airplane. Although, since I instruct at the FBO...c'mon over! Be happy to have you!

I checked it out, I was hoping to see the cockpit lit up though. Watched you guys depart from the tower, looks like a fun jet to fly. How did you get to fly it?

I checked it out, I was hoping to see the cockpit lit up though. Watched you guys depart from the tower, looks like a fun jet to fly. How did you get to fly it?

I'm not flying that plane myself. Our company manages it for the owner, and it is now on our 135 charter certificate. The guy I've been flying with the last couple of days just finished his checkride in the Phenom with the National Resource guy from the Feds and was one of the pilots that brought the plane down to Lafayette last week.

I'm not flying that plane myself. Our company manages it for the owner, and it is now on our 135 charter certificate. The guy I've been flying with the last couple of days just finished his checkride in the Phenom with the National Resource guy from the Feds and was one of the pilots that brought the plane down to Lafayette last week.

Very cool, it looks like a nice jet. I noticed it had a name too, not too many biz jets that I've seen with a name!

The Phenom looks like a great jet..... I don't think that Purdue is going to be happy with it (doesn't even come close to meeting their mission requirements) but the few people that I've talked to that have flown it really like it.

jec

I don't think that Purdue is going to be happy with it (doesn't even come close to meeting their mission requirements)

jec

Agreed. I've spoken to a few "select" faculty members who are very unhappy about the replacement. Also lots of negative talk from full time instructors about the SR20's. As if our private students don't have enough issues as it is in the rinky-dink warriors.. (staff likes to push instructors to solo students ASAP) I can't even imagine what it will be like with the Cirrus. Thank goodness I'll be gone!!

Well, that ought to make their checkouts in our airplanes a lot more interesting.

Just curious, what airplane is being replaced with the Phenom? What is the typical mission profile?

(Just to clarify, I don't have a dog in this fight. Our aircraft was @ LAF under contract from Phenom - we don't benefit either way by the decision made by Purdue. Just asking out of curiosity.)

Back