PUBNAT7 One week only.

I know, I woke up this morning and thought, well hopefully by the end of the month I will know if my wait will continue or not....
The waiting will continue. When you get here, you're ready to be done with academics. When that happens, you're ready to be at your facility, when that happens you're ready to be certified and come back for RTF (if you go to an up/down).

Waiting never ends in this profession.

Wake turbulence timers, anyone?

The waiting will continue. When you get here, you're ready to be done with academics. When that happens, you're ready to be at your facility, when that happens you're ready to be certified and come back for RTF (if you go to an up/down).

Then when that happens, you wait for retirement. Then when that happens, you wait to blow your retirement on hooke....I mean, you wait to live out your days peacefully in some small town.
Waiting never ends in this profession.

Word over on SM is that the sept 21st have been postponed indef. and that the pubnat 8 test is in the same boat.......

I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that. Also, don't you think we would have been told?

Actually no. The FAA will not issue updates about anything like that. The info was obtained from people calling the FAA.

Lets just hope that all this is b.s. and someone jsut started a rumor....again!

Is there any reason to believe there will be still be panels in September, or has all hope been lost?

Has anyone confirmed this or found it to be false? I'm taking the silence as an indication that Pubnat 7 and 8 are doomed indefinitely.

:(

Is there any reason to believe there will be still be panels in September, or has all hope been lost?

Has anyone confirmed this or found it to be false? I'm taking the silence as an indication that Pubnat 7 and 8 are doomed indefinitely.

Im glad I'm in school and working it gives me something to do and focus on until they figure out what they gonna do.

I personally don't take anything I read on the forum at face value. There are too many rumors circulating and everyone seems to be an "expert" on every subject. I'm not saying there isn't valuable information to be gained here, just that when I hear something like that (especially when the poster says something about it possibly being a rumor that he heard from a friend of a friend) I tend to view it as information from a non-credible source. If you want to know for sure if this is true, call Aviation Careers and ask about it.

I doubt anything will change come sept. 22. My aunt's neighbor is a sup. at ZME, the word he got from the HR lady was that if you hear anything after the panel meets it will be three to four weeks later. will ASAP change? don't know don't care. i'm waiting for an email or phone call.

i'm tired of waiting on pins and needles. my ass is starting to hurt.

Let's not forget, this is the FAA and we are three months away from being in this for a year (longer for some earlier apps). don't give them the benefit of the doubt cause you'll be disappointed.

I think i'm going to give this HR lady a call tomorrow, going to see what's over the mountain

I really want to call...but I am afraid of what I might hear. I guess I will just wait until Sept. 21 ish and see what happens.

No need. I talked with my HR rep on Friday, and she actually explained how a lot of the stuff works. Panels for 7 have been postponed with no expected date of meeting as of yet. This is due to the number of facilities that have significantly dropped hiring numbers to "0" for FY2010 (mine was one of them, and for the whole central region, 25% of the facilities dropped to zero). Many of us in PUBNAT3 and 4 are going to have a hard time just getting a class date for FY2010, so I wouldn't expect any panel selection referral lists to be generated for a little while. They're going to go ahead and test PUBNAT8, but even that is no guarantee that a panel will meet anytime soon.

Soooooooooooo...a chance of a 7/8 panel?

Does anyone see this viciuos cycle continuing? Low ATC numbers --> closed air space --> low flight revenue --> lower ATC numbers and so on?

Well...tomorrow is the *scheduled* panel-meeting date for the PUB7'ers. Let's hope they meet, and we get a referral list message on ASAP...ASAP.

I raise my glass to expeditious ambitions (yes, I'm drinking on a Sunday night...it's going to be a long week.)

Exactly what I was hoping to not see today...

No Referral Lists have been created for Announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT7-11589

Exactly what I was hoping to not see today...

No Referral Lists have been created for Announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT7-11589

The boards are/were *scheduled* to meet today, but we won't be informed *if selected* for another 3-4 weeks per the geo pref emails that went out a month, or so, ago. This is from my email:
"Announcement AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT7-11589 is scheduled to be reviewed by an air traffic selection panel the week of September 21, 2009. If selected for interview, you should be notified 3 to 4 weeks after the selection panel."

Yeah, panels aren't happening guys. Maybe you missed the guys post a little ways back. Looks like a panel sometime in December or January at best.

If you're holding out for this "September panel", you're deluding yourself.

Back