PUBNAT7 One week only.

I'm thinking of putting down AK and Co. Would take anything in CO, but would restrict myself to Anchorage for AK. I love Utah-but doubt getting picked up here again is likely as I know they have trainees coming out of their ears. Meteorology career is actually taking off right now too, so this could get interesting. Still feel like I would rather do ATC given the current state of the economy but very glad I got to try my field too-some kids don't even get to experience a real job in meteorology after school. Can't believe I am here today after being 5 days from the PV in Oklahoma City last fall! Gotta love life!

I'm thinking of putting down AK and Co. Would take anything in CO, but would restrict myself to Anchorage for AK. I love Utah-but doubt getting picked up here again is likely as I know they have trainees coming out of their ears. Meteorology career is actually taking off right now too, so this could get interesting. Still feel like I would rather do ATC given the current state of the economy but very glad I got to try my field too-some kids don't even get to experience a real job in meteorology after school. Can't believe I am here today after being 5 days from the PV in Oklahoma City last fall! Gotta love life!
Why did you quit the week before PVs?

Why did you quit the week before PVs?

In short.....another job offer in the field I studied in college and wanted to work in from the time I was in 4th grade. The offer came...they needed a response...a decision had to be made. After running 30 radar problems with cranky instructors and having your lead instructor quit that same week before PV's, being away from my little boys for 3 1/2 months, and some other talk about the facility I was heading to (ZLC) I made an emotional decision that in some ways I am very glad that I did....and in other ways I regret. I wouldn't expect too many to understand, but I did what I did. I'd rather stand on top of my bad decisions than let them stand on me. Im now 29, so I had some wiggle room for figuring out which career I really wanted. My meteorological career has been fun, and is actually progressing....but I miss ATC, and I think that it, as a career, is one of the better ones out there these days.

In short.....another job offer in the field I studied in college and wanted to work in from the time I was in 4th grade. The offer came...they needed a response...a decision had to be made. After running 30 radar problems with cranky instructors and having your lead instructor quit that same week before PV's, being away from my little boys for 3 1/2 months, and some other talk about the facility I was heading to (ZLC) I made an emotional decision that in some ways I am very glad that I did....and in other ways I regret. I wouldn't expect too many to understand, but I did what I did. I'd rather stand on top of my bad decisions than let them stand on me. Im now 29, so I had some wiggle room for figuring out which career I really wanted. My meteorological career has been fun, and is actually progressing....but I miss ATC, and I think that it, as a career, is one of the better ones out there these days.

Wow!

It seems that we've gone a little silent in this thread. I guess we all know that once we submit our Geo Prefs, there's not going to be any new info coming our way for a month and a half.

I'll go ahead and throw out a question, then. Anyone know where and when our PEPC would be? (assuming we get that far)

I toured a facility today! The ATM & staff were great, friendly, enthusiastic, & informative. I am so excited! I saw some traffic worked and for a lack of a better expression: I must say the tower was so cool!

I have a question concerning ASAP. I have applied to PUBNATS 4/7/8. When I update the user information in ASAP, that new information is not transferred to my applications. I'm concerned because I have moved since applying to PUBNAT7 and the address on that application's questionnaire still gives my old address in Texas(I now live in Maryland). I've also edited some work history and moved some stuff around on the work related skills section in the user information tab and it also hasn't changed under the application review. Should I stress out about it or is it normal? When they go to panels, and look at my application are they going to see my old address in Texas or will they see my new address in Maryland. I know it makes some difference because I have heard of people getting passed over because they took someone who lived closer to a facility than someone else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I also moved, in February, and changed my address in ASAP, so that was 3 months before the Chicago June PEPC. When I got to the PEPC, and spoke to the interviewer, he asked me to confirm my address and it was the old one. I know I checked ASAP at least 50 times to make sure it updated and even called the announcement contact to make sure, but still it was wrong on his paperwork. Don't know what that means though for their hiring process, at the interview all he did was ask me for my correct address and wrote it down.
Plus, I'm sure they know people put down whatever their location preference is while knowing that they (read: you/applicant) have to move at your own expense. If you live in Florida and pick California, they're not going to assume you won't move for the job. You picked it afterall.

I love that every PUBNAT since, you have had to explain that in each thread ;)

Personally, I am not holding my breath because I have fairly high qualifications (minus a low 90s score on the ATSAT) and still wasn't chosen. So, if I get picked great, if not there is always PUBNAT 8.

zz :)

I love that every PUBNAT since, you have had to explain that in each thread ;)

Personally, I am not holding my breath because I have fairly high qualifications (minus a low 90s score on the ATSAT) and still wasn't chosen. So, if I get picked great, if not there is always PUBNAT 8.

zz :)
Sorry I don't keep up with the 50,000 posts in the other PUBNAT threads.. :(

DUH.. I'm retarded...

How could I forget all those late-night panicked posts about the math portion.. LOL

I'm flying to Oklahoma tonight to do some of this - :chair: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I forgot...Seattle first!!! :blowkiss: Sorry, Budzie!!!

:beer:

Back