PUBNAT7 One week only.

there is nothing wrong with us trying to be positive. Last I checked that guy doesn't work for the FAA, so I am not putting a lot of weight into his "inside source". Nothing personal...but I don't know him from a hole in the wall and thus don't take his word as gold.

Does anyone know when the age cuttoff is?. I know that once you turn 31 but do you have to have your FOL befor 31 or just start the process? I applied for PUBNAT 7 and took my test in June got a WQ but I will be 31 soon? Does anyone know?:confused:

there is nothing wrong with us trying to be positive. Last I checked that guy doesn't work for the FAA, so I am not putting a lot of weight into his "inside source". Nothing personal...but I don't know him from a hole in the wall and thus don't take his word as gold.

Yah, I was being positive until I just got this reply back from my HR Rep..
"Postponed , future date unknown at this time"

Goodie

Yah, I was being positive until I just got this reply back from my HR Rep..
"Postponed , future date unknown at this time"

Goodie

I assumed this would happen, which is why I don't get my hopes up in this process. Sure, you can be positive, but try not to put all your eggs in one basket. I've seen some people quite jobs and put degrees on hold for this opportunity, only to be disappointed. It is what it is...

:beer: ...to more waiting!

just wanna say sorry to hear that the panels arent meeting. my brother is getting screwed too. i had a long wait too before getting hired so i know how much it sucks. just hang in there, they will start hiring again.

oh, and what sucks is the FAA doesnt get any faster once you get the job. ive been sitting on the floor at zny since june 1st waiting for training, and im not scheduled to begin oceanic training till November 9th...(and i have one of the shortest wait times). many many many trainees are being sent to dysim as pilots for 6-8 months. talk about getting screwed.

but again, good luck

What exactly is involved in this dysim thing? Is the pay still the normal ATC pay band?

Yeah you still get the Academy Graduate (AG) pay level, but the problem is that your not gonna get any higher than that for a long time. These trainees will be down there piloting till ATLEAST May, and then they still have to sit around for months waiting for a dysim class date. They aren't lookin at here first pay raise for about 2 years or more from the day they got back from okc. It's obviously better to be here with the job, but the FAA is still so freakin slow. I, thankfully, am in the oceanic sector at ZNY so I don't get held up by eram and piloting and all the other delays. I do have radar here too but I get to check out on the ocean and make D3 by next April/May. So a little less than 1 year in the building.

A job is a job I suppose. Although my current job makes me more than AG level so it'd be nice not to get stuck there for 2 years.

I'm in PUBNAT8 though so I still have ages before I have to worry about this I suppose haha.

A job is a job I suppose. Although my current job makes me more than AG level so it'd be nice not to get stuck there for 2 years.

I'm in PUBNAT8 though so I still have ages before I have to worry about this I suppose haha.

Oh wow. Pubnat8...yeah by the time you get out of okc all the training delays will be gone and eram will be in already. The wait sucks so much and your will be a few years but is worth it.

Oh wow. Pubnat8...yeah by the time you get out of okc all the training delays will be gone and eram will be in already. The wait sucks so much and your will be a few years but is worth it.

Im sorry but what is eram?

Do most people think this way....by the time we (pubnat 8 and even 7) get to OKC the congestion might be less and faster to a FOL and a class date.....maybe?:confused:

Take it for what it is worth, I understand you don't know who my contact is, but I assure you he is solid.
Talking with someone at my internship today, I was told that the panels are not meeting this week due to funding. He said with the new contract, they couldn't figure out where to get the money from for this hiring. He said it has been rescheduled for October 26th. But don't get your hopes up. He expects it to be delayed then also....

Hey everybody, I'm new here, happened to find these forums while searching the internet trying to find info about what is goin on with my PUBNAT7 application..had no idea there were such detailed forums as these, this is a pretty sweet site glad to be here!!

Anyway, I saw all this info here about PUBNAT7 being possibly postponed and thought I would try and find out myself..currently my ASAP page says this:

AT-SAT test score information entered:
  • 06/17/2009 12:01:41 PM (Central Time): An AT-SAT score of 70 or above is necessary for passing. Your score was 86. Eligible applicants are categorized as "well qualified" or "qualified" based on AT-SAT scores.
AT-SAT test list generated:
  • 08/13/2009 03:17:51 PM (Central Time): Thank you for submitting your application(s). At this time, you have not been selected to take the AT-SAT test. Please continue to check this area for AT-SAT status updates.

I applied for the PUBNAT7 in December and received my permission to take the AT-SAT in May, and took my test in GA in June..I guess what they mean by me not being selected to take the test again in August is that I applied for PUBNAT8 as well but already have test results..

My applications page looks like this:

Application Status

• Your application for announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT7-11589 has been received. Please check back after the announcement closes for status updates.
- No Referral Lists have been created for Announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT7-11589

I thought they would be making the list this week, but decided I would just settle all this and called the Career Services Division at OKC..after not getting through the first time, I called again at about 4pm EST yesterday and the woman who answered said that indeed, the selection panel for PUBNAT7 "has been postponed indefinitely" (could have said it in different words but that's basically it ha). She said it was because the panel has so many applications to catch up on, that they are just really backed up..I figure it's because of budgetary issues as well, because isn't the reason for having the panel said for a specific date to sit down and review everyone and get caught up?? :dunno: Anyway, she said she has no idea when the panel might actually meet, so whatever I guess, who knows when this is actually going down...

...just thought I would give my spill and provide more official info, hope that helped some ppl out..anyway we'll see what happens, glad to be here though and glad to meet some new ppl! Good luck to everyone, will keep a lookout on what's goin on and update here if I hear anything if everyone will do the same!

Have a great wkend, peace!
:beer:

- Chris "Packman"

Hey everybody, I'm new here, happened to find these forums while searching the internet trying to find info about what is goin on with my PUBNAT7 application..had no idea there were such detailed forums as these, this is a pretty sweet site glad to be here!!

Anyway, I saw all this info here about PUBNAT7 being possibly postponed and thought I would try and find out myself..currently my ASAP page says this:

AT-SAT test score information entered:
  • 06/17/2009 12:01:41 PM (Central Time): An AT-SAT score of 70 or above is necessary for passing. Your score was 86. Eligible applicants are categorized as "well qualified" or "qualified" based on AT-SAT scores.
AT-SAT test list generated:
  • 08/13/2009 03:17:51 PM (Central Time): Thank you for submitting your application(s). At this time, you have not been selected to take the AT-SAT test. Please continue to check this area for AT-SAT status updates.

I applied for the PUBNAT7 in December and received my permission to take the AT-SAT in May, and took my test in GA in June..I guess what they mean by me not being selected to take the test again in August is that I applied for PUBNAT8 as well but already have test results..

My applications page looks like this:

Application Status

• Your application for announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT7-11589 has been received. Please check back after the announcement closes for status updates.
- No Referral Lists have been created for Announcement # AAC-AMH-09-PUBNAT7-11589

I thought they would be making the list this week, but decided I would just settle all this and called the Career Services Division at OKC..after not getting through the first time, I called again at about 4pm EST yesterday and the woman who answered said that indeed, the selection panel for PUBNAT7 "has been postponed indefinitely" (could have said it in different words but that's basically it ha). She said it was because the panel has so many applications to catch up on, that they are just really backed up..I figure it's because of budgetary issues as well, because isn't the reason for having the panel said for a specific date to sit down and review everyone and get caught up?? :dunno: Anyway, she said she has no idea when the panel might actually meet, so whatever I guess, who knows when this is actually going down...

...just thought I would give my spill and provide more official info, hope that helped some ppl out..anyway we'll see what happens, glad to be here though and glad to meet some new ppl! Good luck to everyone, will keep a lookout on what's goin on and update here if I hear anything if everyone will do the same!

Have a great wkend, peace!
:beer:

- Chris "Packman"

Yah. This has been rumored here but reported and confirmed pretty heavily on the OTHER site. Current rumors there are that the panels have been rescheduled for the very end of October. Let's hope they're right and we don't keep getting bumped until we merge with PUBNAT 8

I just asked the FAA about PUBNAT 7 panel meeting and here is a cut and paste of part of the reply,
"The selection panel was cancelled and rescheduled for October 28th and 29th."

Well fiddlesticks and blueberries! Hopefully those dates succeed :)

Shoot I'm pretty sure I'll be all graduated by the time this gets pushed through. Nothin like a perfectly timed backup :insane: I'm ready to do the real thing.

I heard the other day there are 12,000 people in the training pipeline right now. Those are from PEPC invites through facility trainees. Considering that number, it's not really a surprise they are toning down the PUBNATS if 17,000 really is the target. But in this discussion good points were also brought up like the rapid washout rate at high level facilities. The hiring will continue to satisfy the positions that keep opening so who knows.

So is there any reason to think this October panel is actually going to take place, or am I merely being foolishly hopeful yet again? :confused:

So is there any reason to think this October panel is actually going to take place, or am I merely being foolishly hopeful yet again? :confused:

I'am not in pubnat 7 but I have not heard anyone here or on SM say there is a "rumor" that the panel is being delayed any further.

I have also heard that this is going to be a "normal" panel of both terminal and enroute.

Good Luck everyone!

Well thats the first positive thing I've heard on here in quite a while, I sure hope you are right. Lets hope they do lots of hiring this particular panel....:beer: Good luck to everyone patiently waiting like myself.

Back