Pubnat 5/6

Thanks a lot.

Is there a specific location for PEPC's? Or do you get an option?

They are usually held in major cities LA, NYC, KC etc once a month. April 20th is the next one in LA. I'm not sure where the upcoming PEPC's are going to be held. If you get a TOL it will be specified in the email they send you.

Like the C.I.A. for example? They require a 3.0 to 4.0 GPA for most of their Analytical positions :crazy:

but that makes sence though. there hiring people that didnt get laid as much in college for a position they wont get laid that much doing. while im sure as a field agent or a special agent they want a guy who got laid more because hes got street smartas and know how. :bandit:

Ok, anyone with insight.....a question for you to answer (and one that I should know being one who has logged a few hours on jetcareers)

If an applicant made the "Referral List", does that mean that the applicants geo-preferences were located where the FAA needs controllers OR do they look at geo-prefs when deciding who to send a PEPC invite?
For the slower ones here: I got my name on the referral list, does that mean that there are needs in the areas I selected on the geo-pref email?
FOR DOWN RIGHT DE-DA-DEES: WERE MAH GEO PERFS GOOD?

Forgive the odd humor, I'm tired and have watched billy mays commercials for the last hour.

UTAMAV:bandit:

Ok, anyone with insight.....a question for you to answer (and one that I should know being one who has logged a few hours on jetcareers)

If an applicant made the "Referral List", does that mean that the applicants geo-preferences were located where the FAA needs controllers OR do they look at geo-prefs when deciding who to send a PEPC invite?
For the slower ones here: I got my name on the referral list, does that mean that there are needs in the areas I selected on the geo-pref email?

Forgive the odd humor, I'm tired and have watched billy mays commercials for the last hour.

Regardless of what your choices were, if you clicked SUBMIT GEO PREFS, you automatically get on the Referral List.

DE-DA-DEE! :sarcasm::bandit:

actually in 3/4 pubnat which I was in and thought you were too I remember some applicants who submitted geo prefs and didn't make the referral list. It is my understanding from Pam at aviation career that they really consider your states deeply and try not to even select you for outside states. There are some exceptions to the rule but this is what I have heard I think that last time 3/4 I dont even remember anyone getting there second choice state I might be wrong on that except maybe honu but she didnt tell us where she was going. Pam's explanation was this why would they want to select you for a state you dont want to live in only for you to realize that 1-2 years later and either drop out or try for a transfer. The only reason I thought anyone last round got Lousiana was because there was a group of people after geo prefs who got an email asking if they would consider Lousiana in addition to the other states they selected. Alot of them said yes because it was more of a sure thing. Hope this helps a little bit but anyone who thinks they have this process figured out doesn't im still confused. good luck, I dont want anyone to feel what I felt with 3/4 I was soo upset and disapointed this next part is really who makes the cut and who doesn't.

actually in 3/4 pubnat which I was in and thought you were too I remember some applicants who submitted geo prefs and didn't make the referral list. It is my understanding from Pam at aviation career that they really consider your states deeply and try not to even select you for outside states. There are some exceptions to the rule but this is what I have heard I think that last time 3/4 I dont even remember anyone getting there second choice state I might be wrong on that except maybe honu but she didnt tell us where she was going. Pam's explanation was this why would they want to select you for a state you dont want to live in only for you to realize that 1-2 years later and either drop out or try for a transfer. The only reason I thought anyone last round got Lousiana was because there was a group of people after geo prefs who got an email asking if they would consider Lousiana in addition to the other states they selected. Alot of them said yes because it was more of a sure thing. Hope this helps a little bit but anyone who thinks they have this process figured out doesn't im still confused. good luck, I dont want anyone to feel what I felt with 3/4 I was soo upset and disapointed this next part is really who makes the cut and who doesn't.

I ended up getting my second choice. Apparently they didn't want me in Seattle Center/TRACON/Sea-Tac. I chose WA and AR, and ended up getting a level 8 up/down facility in Fort Smith. All in all, it works better for me because it's where I live now. Perhaps they took that into consideration as well?

I ended up getting my second choice. Apparently they didn't want me in Seattle Center/TRACON/Sea-Tac. I chose WA and AR, and ended up getting a level 8 up/down facility in Fort Smith. All in all, it works better for me because it's where I live now. Perhaps they took that into consideration as well?

Actually, I can't speak for all facilities, but I know the facility by me in fact requests local people. They say, all in all, those people or both more likely to stay, and there's no adjustment period for people moving in. So I think actually living in the area already might give you a leg up.

Actually, I can't speak for all facilities, but I know the facility by me in fact requests local people. They say, all in all, those people or both more likely to stay, and there's no adjustment period for people moving in. So I think actually living in the area already might give you a leg up.
Interesting. I'll have to ask them about that next time I'm out there.

I was on ASAP just now and I was reveiwiing/updating my work history and after i saved everything I noticed the words 'REVIEWED ON APRIL 15TH AT 13:01'. Does that mean that my app has been reviewed by a panel or does it mean I reviewed my own application?

I was on ASAP just now and I was reveiwiing/updating my work history and after i saved everything I noticed the words 'REVIEWED ON APRIL 15TH AT 13:01'. Does that mean that my app has been reviewed by a panel or does it mean I reviewed my own application?

Well, considering it is 13:09 right now I'd have to say it's because you updated it... the panels aren't meeting for another week and a half.

It has done that since the day I submitted my application, just something they put on there to give you false hope that something is actually happening with your application....

I'm almost positive that just means you reviewed it at that time/date. I've noticed that time stamp every time I've logged in to ASAP.

If TOL's come out in May or early June then PEPC's would be in the following months for your interview unless you went the nonPEPC route which could be anytime depending on the nearest ATM located to you.

Considering that the panels are meeting in 12 days, I think calling a facility might be a bit late but you could try.

My understanding: A TOL comes out of a PEPC. An initial offer/PEPC invite comes in an email 2-6 weeks after panels. You won't have your TOL until you're walking out of your PEPC.

Is this correct?

My understanding: A TOL comes out of a PEPC. An initial offer/PEPC invite comes in an email 2-6 weeks after panels. You won't have your TOL until you're walking out of your PEPC.

Is this correct?

Yes you are correct. The PEPC invite is the next step and it comes in about 2-6 weeks after panels meet. It comes via an e-mail similar to geo-prefs email. The PEPC invite or local Inteview process (if you chose a local interview process this takes longer) only comes if you have been selected for a facility. It should say something like ... "you are being consider for further consideration for (insert your facility name)". You will be able to chose the date that you can attend a pepc or you can follow threw with a local interview process (im not too familiar with this process). Once you go to a PEPC which is usually in bigger cities and once a month for like 4 months or so. If you dont royaly skrew up they have a TOL tenative offer for you and your facility. At that point you can sign it and start the process right then (at the pepc) the medical, phycological, and vision exams. If you do well on those there is a time frame for your background checks to clear and your medicals to come back cleared (this seems to take about two months with out errors but as we all know it will probably be longer). If at the PEPC you fail any of the exams they give you an opportunity to have some federal papers filled out from your doctor or optomotrist or even a physcologist (seems as tho there have been several ppl who failed the mmpi <thats the physc exam) so if you fail them don't stress too much your not the only person just get your paper work filed out. Once everything is cleared you get an email of your FOL then a packet with your actual FOL and you get an oklahoma city date at that time.

Hope this helps

Is this correct?

Yes, but you actually get to carry your TOL around with you after you meet with HR, which is usually right after your interview.

The TOL is just a reminder of the wait once you leave your PEPC.. :banghead:

Does anyone know hows part time work counts for the work experience? For example is one year averaging 20 hours a week considered the same as 6 months full time? Cause I'm a college student and haven't worked full time, but I've held a few summer jobs and one consistent bartending job. I'm assuming I'm ok because I got mailed the geo prefs and everything, but I just wanna make sure. I graduate in May if that makes any difference.

Back