Pubnat 5/6

Does anyone have any idea as to how many people are actually still being considered? I know someone said there were originally 2,000 applicants in PUBNAT5 but how many are actually still with us? Clearly you need to read everything with a grain of salt but I'd like to know some general ideas.

well i can safely tell you im not and at least 1 other person is no longer part of pubnat5 process due to computer error. then there are also all those people that applied to 5/6 that got a TOL from 3/4. so i would say the pool is still extremly large but i think its larger then some are making it out to be.

Hey I was just told something by an inspector friend. He said that the will look at the top WQ people, but if you have specialized experience of an appropriate license then those in the Q area are looked at the same. So all of you who have a Q score can have some hopez!

Hey I was just told something by an inspector friend. He said that the will look at the top WQ people, but if you have specialized experience of an appropriate license then those in the Q area are looked at the same. So all of you who have a Q score can have some hopez!

What is an inspector friend?

he's an FAA inspector, like a chief of police sort of. THe only catch though is that you had to have filled in the section on ASAP regarding licenses or certificates etc.

The whole "all but 2 WQs" thing is a bit confusing. What if 5 WQ's picked states with no hiring needs? Does that mean that no Q's get a look?

The whole "all but 2 WQs" thing is a bit confusing. What if 5 WQ's picked states with no hiring needs? Does that mean that no Q's get a look?

I really don't think it's all that confusing. It actually makes sense because they have to justify the separation of the scores into two groups (WQ and Q). If they looked at and took Q applicants before they reviewed all WQ applicants, I imagine the WQ people would be rather upset. What would be the point of the test if they took the lower group before they used up all the "well qualified" applicants?

The WQ's would get offers from the states that are in need (even though they didn't pick them) before the Q's would.

BoomerSooner should chime in on this one.

I really don't think it's all that confusing. It actually makes sense because they have to justify the separation of the scores into two groups (WQ and Q). If they looked at and took Q applicants before they reviewed all WQ applicants, I imagine the WQ people would be rather upset. What would be the point of the test if they took the lower group before they used up all the "well qualified" applicants?

Well, in other situations, a test would just be one of the items to consider when looking at an applicant. However, in this situation, it clearly is the most important.

I interviewed someone once who was great in person with a great attitude until I got his background check back...felony assault within the year. I typed up the "thanks but no thanks" letter real quick after that.

Well, in other situations, a test would just be one of the items to consider when looking at an applicant. However, in this situation, it clearly is the most important.

I interviewed someone once who was great in person with a great attitude until I got his background check back...felony assault within the year. I typed up the "thanks but no thanks" letter real quick after that.

Well, unless I'm mistaken, they do all the background checks that any other job would do. SO it's not like they just look at test and say yes. You still gotta jump through some hoops.

Well, unless I'm mistaken, they do all the background checks that any other job would do. SO it's not like they just look at test and say yes. You still gotta jump through some hoops.

I know ... I'm just using it as an example. Other things like college GPA could be important. Would you rather have a solid 2.0 with a 90.0 AT-SAT or a 4.0 student with a 84.9?

I know ... I'm just using it as an example. Other things like college GPA could be important. Would you rather have a solid 2.0 with a 90.0 AT-SAT or a 4.0 student with a 84.9?

Hah hah. I wish they used college GPA. The old 3.5 may not be the most impressive, but it isn't that bad either.

That's the beauty of the test, it doesn't measure how smart you are, it measures your aptitude in handling the duties of the job. So yeah, I would take the 90 with a 2.0 GPA over the 84.9 with a 4.0. All that means is someone probably got laid more in college than the other! :rawk:

That's the beauty of the test, it doesn't measure how smart you are, it measures your aptitude in handling the duties of the job. So yeah, I would take the 90 with a 2.0 GPA over the 84.9 with a 4.0. All that means is someone probably got laid more in college than the other! :rawk:
:yeahthat::laff::laff:

Ha, no, they don't care about your GPA. Which actually work in the favor of some of us.

*cough*

Anyway, I don't know why anyone would have the silly idea that the FAA would be interested in hiring people with a proven ability to study material and learn it. None of that going on in the Academy and facilities, after all.

The WQ's would get offers from the states that are in need (even though they didn't pick them) before the Q's would.

BoomerSooner should chime in on this one.

So if I understand you correctly, because I picked CO and NM, that because I'm WQ, even if I don't get picked up for my two states, I would get an offer from say Arkansas if they needed people before any Q's would get a TOL at all?

Ha, no, they don't care about your GPA. Which actually work in the favor of some of us.

*cough*

Anyway, I don't know why anyone would have the silly idea that the FAA would be interested in hiring people with a proven ability to study material and learn it. None of that going on in the Academy and facilities, after all.

Like the C.I.A. for example? They require a 3.0 to 4.0 GPA for most of their Analytical positions :crazy:

I understand that the next step is getting an interview invite. I couldn't, however, find out how close the interview would be. Also, another question, what good would it do, if any, to call a facility that I would like to work and at least get my name in the mix? Thanks for your help, these boards are the only thing keeping me sane right now.

So if I understand you correctly, because I picked CO and NM, that because I'm WQ, even if I don't get picked up for my two states, I would get an offer from say Arkansas if they needed people before any Q's would get a TOL at all?

Exactly.

Because of the sheer volume of applicants I think the situation you bring up is rare. For example I don't know of anyone in the qualified group from Pubnat 3 and 4 that even got a TOL. However a bunch of WQ people got offers to go to Louisiana even though they never put that state down on the geo pref.

I understand that the next step is getting an interview invite. I couldn't, however, find out how close the interview would be. Also, another question, what good would it do, if any, to call a facility that I would like to work and at least get my name in the mix? Thanks for your help, these boards are the only thing keeping me sane right now.

If TOL's come out in May or early June then PEPC's would be in the following months for your interview unless you went the nonPEPC route which could be anytime depending on the nearest ATM located to you.

Considering that the panels are meeting in 12 days, I think calling a facility might be a bit late but you could try.

Back