Pubnat 5/6

Hmmm, didn't realize I had to click on the application tab and select pubnat 6 to see it. I was a bit worried for a minute. Now it's time to cross all of my appendages and hope I get picked during panels.

My asap now says I am on referral list for Pubnat 6.

Good luck too all in the next couple of weeks :)

The only way the qualified applicants will be considered is if all but two well qualified people have been picked from the WQ list.

What do you mean by this. Are you talking about selection for hiring? :confused:

Alright I'm confused I am WQ over 92 and I still have not got my geo preferences should I call or email someone or just wait?
I'd say you are probably out of luck. The time to submit them has already passed. If you were supposed to get one and didn't they would have sent you one if you had called earlier. Several people had to call the career line to get theirs sent or resent. But now that the deadline has passed, and the next step has already occured(Referral list) I'd say there is likely no way they'd let you move forward.

Like mentioned, if you call they will probably just say better luck next time.

What do you mean by this. Are you talking about selection for hiring? :confused:
Just to make things a little easier...lets just say there are 100 Well Qualified candidates and 100 Qualified candidates. They will not look at any of the 100 qualified candidates until they've checked the applications of at least 98 of the Well Qualified candidates. Now, I'm not sure they actually have to pick 98 of them for jobs, but they at least have to go through their information.

I made the list for 6.

I don't know why you guys couldn't have just said that they will go over at least 98 well qualified applicants until they touch the Q list. YOu're trying to make the situation seem hopeless I guess? That'll be one of the many things I will not believe until it happens. Jermscentral whats your take?

I made the list for 6.

I don't know why you guys couldn't have just said that they will go over at least 98 well qualified applicants until they touch the Q list. YOu're trying to make the situation seem hopeless I guess? That'll be one of the many things I will not believe until it happens. Jermscentral whats your take?

*shrug*

Panel selection, from what I hear, is like Skull & Bones - no one outside the meeting knows what actually happens there.

yay im on the list for 6 (darn computer problems earsing my work history for 5). not like that means much but hey it makes me feel better

I made the list for 6.

Call HR in OKC. They will tell you the same thing. This is the procedure. TOL's must be given to all but two WQ's before anyone from the Q list is even looked at.

It's not a rumor; it is a fact.

Do they just randomly grab the 98, or do they start by top score or something?

That is something no one has been able to figure out. Some say they only see if you are WQ. Some say the actual score is considered.

I would guess that they start by region, consider your entire app that is printed from ASAP and go from there.

I think being in the WQ and the need for controllers in the Geo Pref you put down are the biggest factors.

That is something no one has been able to figure out. Some say they only see if you are WQ. Some say the actual score is considered.

I would guess that they start by region, consider your entire app that is printed from ASAP and go from there.

I think being in the WQ and the need for controllers in the Geo Pref you put down are the biggest factors.

Does anyone have any idea as to how many people are actually still being considered? I know someone said there were originally 2,000 applicants in PUBNAT5 but how many are actually still with us? Clearly you need to read everything with a grain of salt but I'd like to know some general ideas.

Does anyone have any idea as to how many people are actually still being considered? I know someone said there were originally 2,000 applicants in PUBNAT5 but how many are actually still with us? Clearly you need to read everything with a grain of salt but I'd like to know some general ideas.

Here is a post from the Administrator at StuckMic. This includes all previous Pubnats to date.

It will be a while before another PUBNAT....but apparently there will be more...probably with the same requirements. Scores other than well qualified as you know are not as likely to get selected and now may have even less of a chance as there are over 7,000 applicants still in the pool that the FAA can pick from, this is not including the ones that have already received a TOL. The 7,000 number could be a little inflated as it may not accurately reflect if one controller bid on two or three announcements; however, they have tried to account for that.

Good Luck!

Here is a tip. Do not select GEO Prefs for a particular state if you do not intend on going there if selected. This complicates the process, makes it longer, and costs a lot more money (if you care about saving the FAA money)....anyways, on your geo prefs, select the state...even put in remarks the city or actual facility you would like to be assigned. This will help you tremendously in getting selected for the facility or area that you really would like to be.

All of this information is very accurate...that's all I'm going to say.

Yeah, I just checked and received this in my referral box.

Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT6-10764. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

Back