Pubnat 5/6

I believe I read somewhere that they were only reviewing Well Qualified applicants, but DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. That could just be a nasty RUMOR.

I'm confused too. I received the ASAP post that I'm on the referral list and "may or may not be contacted for an interview". I beleive this is the time frame where the panel weeds out those whom do not make it to interviews but they do look at all who've received a geo pref email. Is this correct?

ETA: Also, it says to check back to ASAP for updates on the referral list post. Does that mean that ASAP will show if you're invited or would you receive an email (like for geo prefs notice)?

I'm confused too. I received the ASAP post that I'm on the referral list and "may or may not be contacted for an interview". I beleive this is the time frame where the panel weeds out those whom do not make it to interviews but they do look at all who've received a geo pref email. Is this correct?

ETA: Also, it says to check back to ASAP for updates on the referral list post. Does that mean that ASAP will show if you're invited or would you receive an email (like for geo prefs notice)?

Everyone who gets a 70 or higher on the ATSAT gets a GeoPref.

Everyone who submits a GeoPref gets on a referral list.

The panel picks who will be given TOL's from the referral list.

The next step is getting an email to choose PEPC or Non-PEPC for your TOL. If you are not picked then you will either hear nothing or get a message in ASAP that you have not been chosen.

The only update you will receive from now on is via e-mail. If you are selected they will contact you via e-mail anywhere from 1 week to up to six weeks after the panel ended. If you are not selected you will not be contacted at all. After all candidates have been notified they may update ASAP to read the below message.

Referral list FA-AAC-09-18019: Issued on 01/08/2009 for the Throughout The Nation duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.
  • Another candidate has been selected for announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT4-09989 for which you applied. We appreciate your interest in employment with the Federal Aviation Administration. Please continue to check the website for vacancies of interest to you.
Hope this clears some of your questions.

The only update you will receive from now on is via e-mail. If you are selected they will contact you via e-mail anywhere from 1 week to up to six weeks after the panel ended. If you are not selected you will not be contacted at all. After all candidates have been notified they may update ASAP to read the below message.

Referral list FA-AAC-09-18019: Issued on 01/08/2009 for the Throughout The Nation duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.
  • Another candidate has been selected for announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT4-09989 for which you applied. We appreciate your interest in employment with the Federal Aviation Administration. Please continue to check the website for vacancies of interest to you.
Hope this clears some of your questions.

:yeahthat:

To all who are confused about what the referral list is:

The referral list is the list that is reviewed DURING panels. It's a list of applicants that are eligible for the job up to this point. They will select who they actually want to hire during panels. They're basically picking the best people from the referral list during panels.

Regarding Brand09's question... after you receive the referral list message that says you've made the referral list (the message people are getting today on ASAP), you're done with ASAP for the rest of the process (at least for that PUBNAT). The rest of your interaction with the FAA will be done through email/phone calls from that point forward. After the panels meet and pick who they want from the referral list, we'll be notified of selection approximately 2-6 weeks AFTER panels (and a PEPC invite will come in the same email).

3/4 guys, correct any of this that is wrong.

Alright I'm confused I am WQ over 92 and I still have not got my geo preferences should I call or email someone or just wait?

Yes plenty...thats the confusing part:banghead:

Well the Geo Prefs for Pubnat 5 closed on April 6. I would ask if you've checked your emails spam filter or junk mail box, but I'm sure you've already done that. Have you tried contacting anyone yet?

Well the Geo Prefs for Pubnat 5 closed on April 6. I would ask if you've checked your emails spam filter or junk mail box, but I'm sure you've already done that. Have you tried contacting anyone yet?

I am planning on doing that now, lets see what I can find out, I applied for both pubnat 5/6 so maybe that has something to do with it.

I am planning on doing that now, lets see what I can find out, I applied for both pubnat 5/6 so maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah. If you were supposed to get one and didn't, then theoretically they should allow you to turn one in. But, being that this is the government and they rarely seem to be any sort of accomodating, I'm not sure what to expect. It really wouldn't be shocking if they admitted they screwed up, but essentially gave you the "oh, well. Better luck next time" routine.

Yeah. If you were supposed to get one and didn't, then theoretically they should allow you to turn one in. But, being that this is the government and they rarely seem to be any sort of accomodating, I'm not sure what to expect. It really wouldn't be shocking if they admitted they screwed up, but essentially gave you the "oh, well. Better luck next time" routine.

Yea I have worked for the goverment(military) in the past so I know that routine very well, but thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone know when to expect the CTI referral list to be out? CTI applied 3/2/09. Congrats to all who are on the OTS referral list for 5/6.

Does anyone know when to expect the CTI referral list to be out? CTI applied 3/2/09. Congrats to all who are on the OTS referral list for 5/6.

Jandaan, I got your PM. I've been wondering the same thing. I'm pretty sure the panel that meets at the end of April will be selecting CTI's as well. As of today there is no referral list for any CTI applicants. They should have them done within the next week though.

The CTI hiring process has been changing since the last announcement so it may be different for us from here on out. Someone should call OKC about this. I've been checking the CTI thread on Stuckmic and there is no word on it yet.

Thanks for the info. I really don't know what to expect, but thanks for letting me know that no CTI referral lists have been created. I was beginning to think I had either been left off by mistake or that my geo prefs don't need any help (FL and GA). I sent an email today to the FAA contact that my school gave me, but it usually takes quite a while to receive a reply from her. No need to answer the PM.

I put in my geo prefs and rumor has it that referral list is out? How do we know if we are on the referral list? I never received an email about it? I looked on the ASAP application. Does everyone get on the refferal list?

The referral list is out for PUBNAT6. Everyone check your ASAP.

Looks like panels are indeed going to happen within the next 1-2 weeks. Good luck everyone! :D

Back