Pinnacle 1113 Term Sheet to the Pilots

We're not at the point of a shortage yet, but if they didn't pay during training I think they'd be pretty hard pressed to find guys with 1500 hrs... w/o 2 DUIs and a felony anyways... I hear Great Lakes is pretty hard up right now.

If they put in everything they want from the 1113, I'd say 9E will be pretty hard up except for the guys that are sucked in by the first year FO pay. That's the only reason they upped the pay. It's not like it would affect anyone already here now.

I love how the company insisted on using their term sheet to come up with the "savings" from 12-04 and wouldn't budge. Shape of things to come probably. Typical "all or nothing" approach in negotiations.

Well when we get the 1113 imposed and effectively become Great Lakes with jets how can the upgrade not become 18 months? The FO exodus hasn't even fully developed yet. Nearly every FO I talk to has a class date somewhere else and is just waiting. Just wait for Captains to start leaving and this place will become a revolving door again.

Yeah, this is horrible. This is below what you would expect from basic morality of humans. I hypothesize that corporations are not people... but instead the evil twins of garbage pile from Fraggle Rock.

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2012/09/26/pinnacle-airlines-lost-money-in-august.html

Based on numbers I'm assuming are accurate from this article and our need to keep $20 million in cash on hand I'd say the rumors that we're toast in December without any concessions seem to be accurate. What's really funny is the $5.7 million loss x 12 months = almost exactly the company's ask. If that's what it's gonna take to make this company break even then to hell with it. Let it burn.

Yeah, this is horrible. This is below what you would expect from basic morality of humans. I hypothesize that corporations are not people... but instead the evil twins of garbage pile from Fraggle Rock.

Wasn't the Trash Heep was a wise woman? I don't remember evil trash twins...the rat assistants maybe?

Can the company do whatever it wants if the contract is abrogated? My understanding is that they could not impose terms worse than what was proposed during negotiations.

If Pinnacle could do anything, they would furlough expensive high-longevity captains out of seniority, and then upgrade current FOs to first year captains. And then backfill the old FOs with new-hires at the new pay rate.

Can the company do whatever it wants if the contract is abrogated? My understanding is that they could not impose terms worse than what was proposed during negotiations.

If Pinnacle could do anything, they would furlough expensive high-longevity captains out of seniority, and then upgrade current FOs to first year captains. And then backfill the old FOs with new-hires at the new pay rate.
I don't think they would furlough CAs just to upgrade FOs. Any savings they'd get from the hourly rate would be eaten up completely by training costs. They're inability to effectively schedule training is the #1 reason we're in this mess in the first place. Hell, all they had to do was say "You're right" to the union last week, and they would have saved millions on the latest vacancy. Once again, management pride costs them tons of $$$, and, of course, it's the greedy pilots' fault for not wanting to bend over and take it in the shorts.

As for what can they do if the contract gets tossed, they most certainly can and will impose something that is FAR worse than what we currently have. Or even far worse than what Go Jets currently has. They appear to be taking an "all or nothing" stance on what they want out of this with the pilots, and I think a lot of them might really think they'll get it in court, especially after the AMR thing. I can tell ya one thing, if their rate sheet gets imposed, this place will self destruct in a matter of days. We've already got a TON of FOs that are basically just sticking it out to get their ATPs when their next PC rolls around. That rate sheet gets imposed, I'm gone. It'd be cheaper to go to work as a Burger King supervisor and be home every night rather than put up with Pinnacle's crap for Great Lakes pay and benefits.

That rate sheet gets imposed, I'm gone. It'd be cheaper to go to work as a Burger King supervisor and be home every night rather than put up with Pinnacle's crap for Great Lakes pay and benefits.

Here is another option for you:
IMG_0362.jpg

I don't think they would furlough CAs just to upgrade FOs. Any savings they'd get from the hourly rate would be eaten up completely by training costs. They're inability to effectively schedule training is the #1 reason we're in this mess in the first place. Hell, all they had to do was say "You're right" to the union last week, and they would have saved millions on the latest vacancy. Once again, management pride costs them tons of $$$, and, of course, it's the greedy pilots' fault for not wanting to bend over and take it in the shorts.

As for what can they do if the contract gets tossed, they most certainly can and will impose something that is FAR worse than what we currently have. Or even far worse than what Go Jets currently has. They appear to be taking an "all or nothing" stance on what they want out of this with the pilots, and I think a lot of them might really think they'll get it in court, especially after the AMR thing. I can tell ya one thing, if their rate sheet gets imposed, this place will self destruct in a matter of days. We've already got a TON of FOs that are basically just sticking it out to get their ATPs when their next PC rolls around. That rate sheet gets imposed, I'm gone. It'd be cheaper to go to work as a Burger King supervisor and be home every night rather than put up with Pinnacle's crap for Great Lakes pay and benefits.

Agreed.

This was all part of the plan. They knew the Negotiating Committee would never agree that the training savings were worth $3.5 million. So now they get to go to Judge Gerber and say "Hey, look- we tried to work with them. They are being unreasonable. Toss out the JCBA"

We are in a tough spot.

Well when we get the 1113 imposed and effectively become Great Lakes with jets how can the upgrade not become 18 months? The FO exodus hasn't even fully developed yet. Nearly every FO I talk to has a class date somewhere else and is just waiting. Just wait for Captains to start leaving and this place will become a revolving door again.
But that is what management wants. Cheap cheap low seniority labor.

Just curious as to why all of the Southwest speed taxiing in ATL...

Shouldn't it be more of American's taxi speed?

Back