Pinnacle 1113 Term Sheet to the Pilots

I had a controller tell me to go faster in DTW yesterday. I told him we could pull over if he wanted. I won't taxi at an unsafe speed.

I had a controller tell me to go faster in DTW yesterday. I told him we could pull over if he wanted. I won't taxi at an unsafe speed.

Shut up and get out of here. Haha, I kid. Congrats man. Saw your post on the other forum. Tell us how life is on the other side. Don't laugh at us in Kennedy. In all seriousness, glad things are working out for some of us on this ship.

But for real..... Can someone explain this PBS stuff to me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Preferential Bidding System.

It's either your best friend or your worst enemy depending on software, implementation, QC and...well, why the company wants it in the first place.

Preferential Bidding System.

It's either your best friend or your worst enemy depending on software, implementation, QC and...well, why the company wants it in the first place.

I've had zero training on it, but I'm suppose to use it now to bid. I've got no clue what any of these buttons do.

Don't ask me! :)

PBS is a "system" not necessarily a program or vendor.

#protip: Don't ask anyone junior to you.

v1valarob

Talk with higney85

If he can't walk you through it... well you will be more screwed than normal :)

Seriously. Pm me and I'll give you the PBs number (or look at previous crewtrac messages we have sent). We have a "special" for the colgan folks... You call (and be in front of a computer) and we will get you all set up and be realistic as to where you sit on the seniority list. All weekends off won't work as a junior line holder, we will be blunt if that's the case to "manage" expectations.... Give it 15-20 mins and we will get you into a common understanding with the program 1:1. Everyone else is free to call, most have figured it out, some still think its a conspiracy. It's not, but they are never wrong.

Seriously. Pm me and I'll give you the PBs number (or look at previous crewtrac messages we have sent). We have a "special" for the colgan folks... You call (and be in front of a computer) and we will get you all set up and be realistic as to where you sit on the seniority list. All weekends off won't work as a junior line holder, we will be blunt if that's the case to "manage" expectations.... Give it 15-20 mins and we will get you into a common understanding with the program 1:1. Everyone else is free to call, most have figured it out, some still think its a conspiracy. It's not, but they are never wrong.
What about Flicka? I need a crash course on that now. :) I'm just gonna bid for specific trips next month. Ya know, for the 5 days I'm going to be here.....

What about Flicka? I need a crash course on that now. :) I'm just gonna bid for specific trips next month. Ya know, for the 5 days I'm going to be here.....
Congrats on finally getting out of this mess of an airline. Hopefully the rest of us will be following you to a better place.

I love telling senior people how great reserve is. Helps me get a line!

"yeah instead of that sweet line, you could bid LCR with single days off, you'd never get used! They never ever use me when I'm LCR"
"really? Maybe i'll try that next month"
:) it's that easy folks.

The most brilliant one I've found so far is single day off with P3. The last day of P3 is always useless unless they wanna junior man so you can make it so that you only have to worry about working two nights/week.

Really? Here at SKW, LCRs get USED!!!!

Oh, they get used here. What he's saying is you tell the senior guys you never get used as a LCR. If they follow the list in the contract (which there's zero transparency, and likely never will be, so you'll never know if they are or not), LCRs are normally the first ones to get used. You just know you'll have a trip a long time in advance. Or they'll just escalate you to short call reserve for the whole reserve period.

It's awesome when you know everyone on reserve in base and you swap stories as scheduling calls for assignments and you call them out on their BS. They just say grieve it. It's no wonder reserves just wanna go out and fire bomb a building after being on the phone with those morons.

Reserve would be a little less stressful if we could have some transparency and watch as the reserves get used up so we can have at least a little predictability in our schedules. I know my friend said ExpressJet had something like this when he was still there on the ASA side.

Like I said though... if you're senior to me, reserve is AWESOME!!!!!!1

It's awesome when you know everyone on reserve in base and you swap stories as scheduling calls for assignments and you call them out on their BS. They just say grieve it. It's no wonder reserves just wanna go out and fire bomb a building after being on the phone with those morons.

Reserve would be a little less stressful if we could have some transparency and watch as the reserves get used up so we can have at least a little predictability in our schedules. I know my friend said ExpressJet had something like this when he was still there on the ASA side.

Like I said though... if you're senior to me, reserve is AWESOME!!!!!!1

We currently are able to see the reserve list, and have always been able to on the L-XJT side. I wouldn't say it helps with being able to have predictability, though, because you can still get assigned trips that need to get re-crewed, etc.

Back