US Senate panel votes to reject hiking pilot retirement age

Y'all are both wrong. It's Transition OE for when you transition from one fleet to another but stay in the same seat.

Transoceanic OE that we used to do when we had separate international and domestic categories on the 767.

I always thought it was Theater Operating Experience. Lots of "special" places to fly that aren't special because of an ocean. Or do you guys call that something else?

You know every once in a while, he'd close the door to his home office, pour a glass of wine, open his desk drawer and just stare at it. :)

Worth it. About as worth it as I would judge this apparent 24 hr charter to HI. I mean, I like layovers there, but that would be the last "destination" I would choose for my friends and family on such a momentous occasion, were I to throw this amount of money on such a frivolous trip. I'd much rather get the fanciest Airbnb (I have issues with them, don't get me wrong) within a 2 hr drive from my house with a view, and we would go to the moon, watch the sunrise, go get brunch, maybe do it again, and then go home. $180k saved.

Keel haul the scurvy dog that was supposed to be tailing that line!
🏴‍☠️

That would be me.

I'll see myself out...erm...under.

EDIT: Sorry, running GEAR, not rigging. Prop had to get reworked, got a new shaft because it was bent, new prop strut, new stuffing box. It was an expensive oversight.

That would be me.

EDIT: Sorry, running GEAR, not rigging. Prop had to get reworked, got a new shaft because it was bent, new prop strut, new stuffing box. It was an expensive oversight.

I used to think my Bonanza was expensive until I saw friends’ boat bills.

That would be me.

It isn’t all bad, think of all the confidence you have in your stuffing box now!
🙂

It isn’t all bad, think of all the confidence you have in your stuffing box now!
🙂

Dude almost every through hull below the water line has been replaced in the last few years. I've still got a few through hulls with seacocks on them that I don't want to touch, but otherwise everything else below the water line is brand new.

Which means my engine will probably explode sometime in June when we I get her back in the water.

Dude almost every through hull below the water line has been replaced in the last few years. I've still got a few through hulls with seacocks on them that I don't want to touch, but otherwise everything else below the water line is brand new.

Which means my engine will probably explode sometime in June when we I get her back in the water.
You just wanted to say… “seacock”

Worth it. About as worth it as I would judge this apparent 24 hr charter to HI. I mean, I like layovers there, but that would be the last "destination" I would choose for my friends and family on such a momentous occasion, were I to throw this amount of money on such a frivolous trip. I'd much rather get the fanciest Airbnb (I have issues with them, don't get me wrong) within a 2 hr drive from my house with a view, and we would go to the moon, watch the sunrise, go get brunch, maybe do it again, and then go home. $180k saved.

Go check out Stormking Cabins some time in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go check out Stormking Cabins some time in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, that looks pretty cool. We stayed at this Ukrainian owned hotel just a couple miles down the road from Rainier park this winter. It was great, good restaurant, great eastern/euro/slavic beer selection too. I'll have to check this out though. We normally do the big yurts they have on base here, down at the beachside MWR campground, for our summer "Mando" drill weekend campout. Literally right on the beachfront, something like $90/night. We almost got rolled up by the base popo last time, for I guess being too loud at 4 am o_O Fortunately one of our Sailors was also the park host, so she talked them off the ledge. Anyway, it's the best party of the summer, maybe tied with our "growler week" golf tournament.

Back