Photo that is too good for a.net

Why did they regect that? Its better than 90% of the stuff they have on there.

They said it was a bad motiv for a photo.

Oh well, I really like this kind of photography at night. It is difficult to do but when it works I just stare at the results in awe sometimes.

They kind of changed the rules on me though. Now you have to be able to see an airplane in the frame. No more motion like that unless there is another plane in the photo.

Kinda stupid but it's not my website so oh well... It works just fine as my desktop background :)

Nice shot Tim. I'm 0 for 5 with A.net. That's a stupid rule about having to have an airplane in the shot.

Gravelly Point is the bomb! I've been going there since I was 5. My dad bought me my first little radio from radio shack to listen to ATC. My aunt lives up down the road from there in Arlington.

Yeah I live in the apartments right behind DCA so its just a 5 minute walk for me right now. It has been pretty cool living here being so close to DCA and the capital and all. I love going over to Gravelly Point when I get some time, great place to just kind of mellow out and watch the planes fly by. Tough to be a CFI in this part of the world though!

Only have another 10 days or so left here and then making the move to So. Cal. so I will try and take advantage of the time I have left here and get some photos of this place.

I think the sunsets on the beach will be pretty cool though and well worth it!

When I was in the Navy I was stationed down in Norfolk. We used to do day flights up to DC and New York. We'd fly up the Potomac River at 100 ft. It was awesome. Since we were military we could enter the restricted airspace and fly over DC itself.
You're going to some pretty busy airspace. The only no flyzone is over Disneyland and if your IFR it doesn't exhist. I love flying around LA airspace. If you do a flight up to SMO eat at the asian food restraunt on the field. It's pretty good and not too pricey.

Yeah I live in the apartments right behind DCA so its just a 5 minute walk for me right now. It has been pretty cool living here being so close to DCA and the capital and all. I love going over to Gravelly Point when I get some time, great place to just kind of mellow out and watch the planes fly by. Tough to be a CFI in this part of the world though!

Only have another 10 days or so left here and then making the move to So. Cal. so I will try and take advantage of the time I have left here and get some photos of this place.

I think the sunsets on the beach will be pretty cool though and well worth it!

After all the times I've been in the area, I have never been to Gravelly Point. Thanks for making the point that I MUST go :)

Back