online/e log books

Oxman

So what you think of e-log books? any good ones out there? Any descent online ones?

Give me the opinions, I want to start keeping track on m laptop.

Im doing this while watching Apocalypto...

logshare.com broke down on me and a few others on here. So I stopped going there.

flightlogg.in has been pretty good. they also email you a backup of your logbook every week, so even if they go kaput, I still have an email back up.

i started with logshare, but the online interface is slow. logbookpro was an excellent 70.00 investment

I think I'm gonna sign up with flightlogg.in. If I don't like that I'll just get LogBook Pro. Or I could always do both to have extra backups, haha. I like the third option the best.

Count me as another flightlogg.in user. In my case, I've been using a home-grown e-log since the DOS days and flightlogg.in was the first I tried that I was able to successfully export my data to.

Another big fan of flightlogg.in here. It has a lot of cool features, and the owner is very good at responding to emails about bugs or feature requests. Apparantly there is a major update I'm the works.

You will have a career that will last 10, 20, 30 years or more. Do you really think that one of these logbook websites will still be around then?

I give them a big thumbs down. If you want an electronic logbook, go with something that has some backing and longevity.

Excel, every few weeks I will email it to myself as backup. I also have it saved to both my internal and external hard drives.

It is free, you can format it any way you like and if you want some bells and whitles download the free format from http://www.cheappilot.com/ .

You will have a career that will last 10, 20, 30 years or more. Do you really think that one of these logbook websites will still be around then?

I give them a big thumbs down. If you want an electronic logbook, go with something that has some backing and longevity.

Flightlogg.in has a backup feature that emails me weekly backups. They can be imported into Excel, Access, and Dauntless Safelog software. Best of all, it is free!

Flightlogg.in has a backup feature that emails me weekly backups. They can be imported into Excel, Access, and Dauntless Safelog software. Best of all, it is free!
Yeah, that's what I figure too. I know the owner won't be around for forever, but I like the idea of having some extra backup as my training is more in depth.

By the way, congrats on 1600 hours. :)

:yeahthat:

If the website goes tango uniform, I'll just take my most recent excel back up and put it into a different system. Until then, why pay for something when I can get the same thing for free?

:yeahthat:

If the website goes tango uniform, I'll just take my most recent excel back up and put it into a different system. Until then, why pay for something when I can get the same thing for free?

I paid for Safelog because the interface was easier to use when doing a lot of flights. I had around 1400 hours when I started using it and had about 900 entries to do. I still export to flightlogg for the cool stats and to have a 3rd backup.

Has anybody got Logbookpro to work on the ipod/iphone? Any other free logbook software that works with the ipod/iphone?

I am partial to Logbook Pro . I have been using it for years and support it. It is very stable, you never get locked out of your data, and there are no recurring fees. You can export your data out anytime as the program never expires. You can even export to Excel if you decide you don't like years down the road. Most other programs lock you into their program.

Logbook Pro also has man reports you can run and you can even print your report out a customizable Jepp format and have it bound in their leather binders. Very nice for interviews.

Back