Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

that right there is more like it!

Facility managers dont seem to really know what goes on in the selection process after the at-sat has been taken.

Heck I know 2 controllers personally that barely made it above 85 who were both hired and doing great at their facilities. I also know 3 CTI guys that scored above 95 and have not been selected... In fact they were all 3 passed over on pubnat 7 and currently waiting to hear back about pubnat 8... AND theyre CTI grads! The process truelly makes no sense. Why would the FAA hire OTS and pass over CTI's with great at-sat scores?

I have long given up trying to make sense of the process.

The way that i have been reading, it seems as if a CTI possesses no advantage over an OTS applicant for an OTS Announcement (PUBNATs). They are developed to create a level playing field. Now why one score higher than another would be picked, I would think would have to do something that differs with those people PERSONALLY.

Is it just me or did anyone else find the AT-SAT very difficult? Did you feel like you did absolutely horrible and ended up doing well? That's how I feel.

Interesting. I didn't find that to be the case at all. I knew what to expect going into the test though. I used the green book and found their problems and mock games to be much harder than the real test. Did you study at all? Grats on the good score though!

Anyone else just get the email about scheduling their test in Arlington, TX? Woo! Finally! I'll be calling first thing in the morning for sure. :]

7/17 -applied PUBNAT8
8/13 - AT-SAT authorization
10/1 - AT-SAT scheduling e-mail
10/26 - AT-SAT exam in Salt Lake City
10/27 - received AT-SAT score: 97.4

I didn't start studying until a couple weeks before the exam and I used the practice exams from ATC-SAT.com which I thought were very helpful. The applied math on their practice exams weren't as complex as the test but you get the general idea. I found a few errors in some sections but overall pretty good practice. It's like $30 for 70 practice exams (10 for each section). I think I have at least 4 left for each one on there. If anyone wants to use them to study just let me know and I'll give you my username and password. Also, as everyone else says - jeremyjustice.com/games

Has anyone who took the test on October 30th received their scores yet? I know its only been a couple "business" days, but its killing me to know that last week it was only taking 1 day to get the results. I am literally checking every hour all day long.

7/17 -applied PUBNAT8
8/13 - AT-SAT authorization
10/1 - AT-SAT scheduling e-mail
10/26 - AT-SAT exam in Salt Lake City
10/27 - received AT-SAT score: 97.4

I didn't start studying until a couple weeks before the exam and I used the practice exams from ATC-SAT.com which I thought were very helpful. The applied math on their practice exams weren't as complex as the test but you get the general idea. I found a few errors in some sections but overall pretty good practice. It's like $30 for 70 practice exams (10 for each section). I think I have at least 4 left for each one on there. If anyone wants to use them to study just let me know and I'll give you my username and password. Also, as everyone else says - jeremyjustice.com/games
I will take you up on this. Just got the email to Arlington, TX test site. pm'd ya.

hello all,

im new to the site, even though i have been spending much time reading all of your posts. here my problem

Pubnat8 applied - 7/10
Selected for at-sat - 8/13
AT-SAT in SLC - 10/27
Results - ?????????

ive seen 3 to 5 five people who have already gotten their results who took the test same time and same place as i did. ive been losing sleep worrying about my score! Anyone know why my score hasnt been showing up and others have?

ive been checking the asap website non stop for the past week.

The analogies section beat the hell out of me, I couldn't make heads or tails on any of it. Everything else was pretty easy. Letter factory was a pain, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. If anyone found the analogies to be easy, you must have an english degree of some sort.

hello all,

ive seen 3 to 5 five people who have already gotten their results who took the test same time and same place as i did. ive been losing sleep worrying about my score! Anyone know why my score hasnt been showing up and others have?

Have you been checking under the "test information" tab?

hello all,

im new to the site, even though i have been spending much time reading all of your posts. here my problem

Pubnat8 applied - 7/10
Selected for at-sat - 8/13
AT-SAT in SLC - 10/27
Results - ?????????

He he I think I remember you.

just got my scores back.. took the atsat in SLC on the 30th.. got an 81 :(... damnit.

i guess this means im out??? I hope not? how are my chances if I'm only qualified?

yeah i have been checking under the test info tab. and everywhere on the site, i really hope something bad didnt happen. like they lost my results or somthing. i tried calling the number given on the asap website and they didnt help me much.

just got my scores back.. took the atsat in SLC on the 30th.. got an 81 :(... damnit.

i guess this means im out??? I hope not? how are my chances if I'm only qualified?

You can certainly find examples from previous PUBNATs where people with only a "Q" score have made it, but they're few and far between. Plus, given the fact that they've seemed to slow down hiring a bit means they can be more selective in who they choose to advance.

You're definitely not 100% out of the game, but you might want to look into other options at this point...

You can certainly find examples from previous PUBNATs where people with only a "Q" score have made it, but they're few and far between. Plus, given the fact that they've seemed to slow down hiring a bit means they can be more selective in who they choose to advance.

You're definitely not 100% out of the game, but you might want to look into other options at this point...

yeah.. i can just keep flying for awhile... thats what i set out to do. ATC is just a backup. Well it was.. I am now finding myself more and more interested the more I look into it. I guess we will just see what happens.

yeah i have been checking under the test info tab. and everywhere on the site, i really hope something bad didnt happen. like they lost my results or somthing. i tried calling the number given on the asap website and they didnt help me much.

My AT-SAT score is under the "HOME" tab. Under the white box it says,

**** NOTICE Regarding AT-SAT Score ****

AT-SAT test score information entered:
  • 07/01/2009 09:58:20 AM (Central Time): An AT-SAT score of 70 or above is necessary for passing...

yeah.. i can just keep flying for awhile... thats what i set out to do. ATC is just a backup. Well it was.. I am now finding myself more and more interested the more I look into it. I guess we will just see what happens.

Just apply to every announcement from here on out. After 1 year you can retake the test!

Back