Odd Flying Habits

The muscle memory things are very real. When I was flying Piper products day in and day out I'd catch myself putting my hand on the "flap lever" in my car on the way home. Normally when slowing down on a highway off ramp. Luckily I never actually tried to put in a notch of flaps at 50mph.....

You're discriminating against my National Origin. I'm a protected class, I'll have you know. And we invented the bloody language... ;)
Yes, but us yanks invented the airplane. If it involves queues and bland food, I’ll give the Brits authority over vocabulary, but in aviation it’s ‘Merica first.

Unless you're from Florida, then it's perfectly acceptable to go 5 under in the left lane.
Please, I see x100 of that from northern Indiana to just north of Milwaukee than I ever saw in Florida

Reactions: EIR
After leaving the Twin Otter, I still for a short period of time found myself reaching up overhead for the power levers. Then would follow it up with the awkward I-was-actually-just-scratching-my-head-yeah-that's-it move.

After leaving the Twin Otter, I still for a short period of time found myself reaching up overhead for the power levers. Then would follow it up with the awkward I-was-actually-just-scratching-my-head-yeah-that's-it move.
Meanwhile the speed decays...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back