Odd Flying Habits

Trying to see if I am going crazy or not...

Anybody have flying habits that get to them when they aren’t flying?
Almost three decades ago I was approaching a red light intersection in my car, reached down to grab the throttles, and had a momentary panic attack when I couldn't find them and therefore couldn't slow down. After I finally looked down and saw the radio and vents, I quickly realized that I was in my car! Stopped just in time to avoid running the light. Stopped, shook my head and laughed at myself. Haha!
Another time, I was very tired driving home from work one night on a road out in the country. The road was straight, coming down from a high hill, and lined up with a lighted runway to an airport I frequently flew out of at the time. Realizing I was unusually low, I reached down to push the throttle in and also pushed on the yoke to keep the nose from skyrocketing up. No throttles, and the "yoke" didn't budge.
Haha! I had to laugh at myself...again.

you guys are funny.......I can't say I have ever reached for controls that only exist in an airplane, while driving a car. Though I have fumbled around with Mercedes muscle memory while driving BMW....those cruise control and wiper inputs are deceivingly different :)

you guys are funny.......I can't say I have ever reached for controls that only exist in an airplane, while driving a car. Though I have fumbled around with Mercedes muscle memory while driving BMW....those cruise control and wiper inputs are deceivingly different :)

It amuses the heck out of me the first time someone tries to ride a BMW motorcycle and can't figure out the turn signals.

It amuses the heck out of me the first time someone tries to ride a BMW motorcycle and can't figure out the turn signals.

Aprilia puts the horn where the turn signal is on Japanese bikes ... I honked at a lot of cars in my fist month of ownership lol

Back