Odd Flying Habits

So, flight level four hundred is frowned upon? Maybe I fly overseas too much. I say decimal instead of point as well.

You guys would kill me for the number of times I have forgotten to use flight level above 18k.

In EASAland people still have to take a radiotelephony exam, so they are probably more pedantic.

Is this Canada? Decimal drives me nuts in EASAland, 3 syllables when 1 would do. Position and hold was better too...

I was riffing on the people who use like ... over-the-top standardized phraseology, and then drop a grotesque error in there like 'oh' instead of 'zero.'

-Fox

You should meet the king of ICAO phraseology at Boca Tower (KBCT). “Contact Miami Center on one tree two decimal two fife.”

“So you’ll want to go south on Main Street, then turn west onto Washington street...”.

My vocabulary is a mix of nautical and aviation terms such as wait one or say again.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

Unless you're from Florida, then it's perfectly acceptable to go 5 under in the left lane.

There ain't no cure...

But the people we can influence are those who drive in the middle lane(s), or who think keep right only applies on the highways.

‘Aught gets a pass but if I accept “naught” then next thing I know “zed”’is in the vernacular and the entire system comes apart.

You're discriminating against my National Origin. I'm a protected class, I'll have you know. And we invented the bloody language... ;)

I've reached for the pen. I spend 90% of my time instructing in DA20's DA40's and yet I still find myself reaching for the imaginary gear handle on final.

Back