North Korea's HIGHLY ORIGINAL light single.

image.jpg

Good for them on making the capital investment to build the world's most common and numerous airplane.

Legitimate question: when are Chinese factories going to start cranking out unlicensed airplanes to meet aviation demand in their country?

Ever heard of COMAC?

I bet they already do. There's a Chinese dhc-6 knockoff.

Really? While aimed to the same kind of operation, it was not intended to be a knockoff, the only thing it really shares with the DHC6 (300 series) are the engines, for the rest everything is different, a Twin Otter is built with the same technology of a DC3, the Y12s have actually more modern design and built characteristics, the newest version of the Y12 is probably closer to an ATR...

On a side note what makes an airplane great is the support you can get after you buy it, that's the strong point of western aircrafts. In the same role pool as the Twin Otter, there are far better planes, like the AN28, but unfortunately they have very poor and unreliable support.

Hopefully a link to Kim executing one of his top brass military guys with a, "Anti Aircraft" gun. Which by the way, is how most GA pilots choose to execute someone. ;)
Yes, the article is the same, but I find it hard to wrap my head around an execution using an ANti Aircraft gun. Yikes!!

Yes, the article is the same, but I find it hard to wrap my head around an execution using an ANti Aircraft gun. Yikes!!
Dead is dead. It most likely did not hurt.
I have to think if the great leader keeps up those sort of shenanigans, sooner or later the not so great will do something about it. In a perfect world maybe.

Dead is dead. It most likely did not hurt.
I have to think if the great leader keeps up those sort of shenanigans, sooner or later the not so great will do something about it. In a perfect world maybe.
I know it would probably hurt less, but using a big gun like that was like the boy that uses a BB Gun - or an M16 even - to kill pigeons to show off to his friends, when we all know you can easily do it with a slingshot. Hope this dude gets put in his place somehow

I know it would probably hurt less, but using a big gun like that was like the boy that uses a BB Gun - or an M16 even - to kill pigeons to show off to his friends, when we all know you can easily do it with a slingshot. Hope this dude gets put in his place somehow

They are like a red ant mound. Mostly harmless if you don't go stomping on it, or run it over with a lawn mower. Let them be. They are so cut off from the outside world, they have no clue what real life is. They are not a threat to us in any significant way. When they become that, then I'll care what goes on over there.

Seems kind of cold not to care what goes on there. They may not pose a significant threat to us but life there is pretty miserable. Honestly executing someone with an Anti-Aircraft Gun is pretty tame compared to the cruelty that goes on in their prisons and forced labor camps.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-accounts-from-un-report-reveal-9942934.html

http://freekorea.us/camps/22-2/

Still, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about any of this, so I suppose it doesn't really matter whether or not we care about North Korea.

Still, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about any of this, so I suppose it doesn't really matter whether or not we care about North Korea.

That is the real issue.

There are several generations of North Koreans who have grown up and lived in a society with no access to outside information, who are told that they live in the wealthiest country on the planet, and that the evil United States wants to come and steal it and enslave them.

Thus, outside of a revolution starting from the inside, there is no way that we are going to overtly be able to do anything to help those poor folks out of their hell. Any attempted military action to remove the Kim Family and "free" the people would be even less successful than Iraq.

That is the real issue.

There are several generations of North Koreans who have grown up and lived in a society with no access to outside information, who are told that they live in the wealthiest country on the planet, and that the evil United States wants to come and steal it and enslave them.

Thus, outside of a revolution starting from the inside, there is no way that we are going to overtly be able to do anything to help those poor folks out of their hell. Any attempted military action to remove the Kim Family and "free" the people would be even less successful than Iraq.
Yep. My view until someone with more expertise, um, fixes it.. is citizens of suffering countries need to own/fight their own revolutions.

Seems kind of cold not to care what goes on there. They may not pose a significant threat to us but life there is pretty miserable. Honestly executing someone with an Anti-Aircraft Gun is pretty tame compared to the cruelty that goes on in their prisons and forced labor camps.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-accounts-from-un-report-reveal-9942934.html

http://freekorea.us/camps/22-2/

Go effect change where you can affect it. Otherwise, it's like pissing into the wind.

Back