North Korea's HIGHLY ORIGINAL light single.

image.jpg

It's got windshield wipers?

The blue stripes look like painter's tape.

Celebrating the success of finally being able to create a light piston aircraft, while threatening to bomb us with "Advanced nuclear weapons". What a joke.

This is the one time I really wanted to see a wing snap off or a stall/spin right into a firey crash.

Could you imagine if they didn't have 10 degrees of flaps set on such a short runway?! No way would they have the take-off performance to get airborne!

Edit: Anyone notice that the cockpit shot doesn't show the normal 6 Pack, but only 5 instruments? Makes me wonder what they left out...

Good for them on making the capital investment to build the world's most common and numerous airplane.

Legitimate question: when are Chinese factories going to start cranking out unlicensed airplanes to meet aviation demand in their country?
I bet they already do. There's a Chinese dhc-6 knockoff.

This sounds like a FlightSafety or CAE interview question.

"You've just completed a simulator session with your client Kim Jong-un. He believes he is ready for the checkride but you do not. He has a set of throwing stars and an awesome haircut. What do you do?"
Let him fly, contact insurance and request the pay out to your Swiss bank account. Immediately leave the country with family and friends.

Could you imagine if they didn't have 10 degrees of flaps set on such a short runway?! No way would they have the take-off performance to get airborne!

Edit: Anyone notice that the cockpit shot doesn't show the normal 6 Pack, but only 5 instruments? Makes me wonder what they left out...

I saw that too. My guess would be the VSI. It looked like the throttle was in a different place as well. Still, we shouldn't make fun of it since it has a 3-bladed prop and our 172s only have 2! And an extra exhaust pipe as well! And American 172s sure don't have windshield wipers.

Seriously, though, I couldn't help but laugh at the Great Leader flying a Cessna 172 for a propaganda film with the heroic classical music and excited narration in the background. I know most North Koreans probably have never been on or likely even seen an airplane, so it probably seemed impressive to them, but it just looks like a parody of itself. North Korea has outdone themselves again when it comes to cheesy propaganda movies.

Back