North East Turbulence

I've landed in worse.
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

How often is turbulence reported as SEV actually the book definition of it? That said, it doesn't look fun up there today, kind of glad I just sat reserve all day.

How often is turbulence reported as SEV actually the book definition of it? That said, it doesn't look fun up there today, kind of glad I just sat reserve all day.
There was a UAL flight that had 5 crew members injured. The article said they were in Canada departed from Newark.

We made it here with barely a bump at 330.

It does seem really weird how much there's been lately , especially for the time of year .

We never used to see much turbulence in winter, the other night a flight departed and climbed out, got to 17K and returned because the ride was "simply wild"

Never seen that one before

A few weeks ago, we were descending into Norfolk from the south. Coming through about 270, the winds were from the south-southwest at 140 knots. Coming through about 220-240, they had dropped to about 40. Craziest thing I've ever seen...aside from @mikecweb fidget because a headset cord was touching his shoulder. Moderate turbulence was the worst we got, but I'm sure if we were loitering, there would have been some severe.

We had continuous moderate to occasional heavy coming up from Dallas to Oklahoma for our work. Heard one guy at 10,000 (in a Baron I think) reporting he could not maintain altitude +/- 500ft. It was some of the worst continuous turbulence I've flown in and we were up for almost 8 hours. Felt like I just got out of a bar fight when I stepped out of the plane.

We had continuous moderate to occasional heavy coming up from Dallas to Oklahoma for our work. Heard one guy at 10,000 (in a Baron I think) reporting he could not maintain altitude +/- 500ft. It was some of the worst continuous turbulence I've flown in and we were up for almost 8 hours. Felt like I just got out of a bar fight when I stepped out of the plane.
What's heavy turbulence?

spill your coffee and its half empty, light

ass liftage off seat, light-moderate

headset slams once into window, mod-sev

football helmet run down the valley freight flying, now you're getting there

Back