Burrito

You ARE Freaking out. Man.
UUA /OV GQO315020/TM 1112/FL390/TP B757/TB SEV/RM NO DAMAGE OR
INJURIES RPTD.
ZTL CWSU

UUA /OV BNA 250050/TM 0017/FL270/TP C525/TB EXTRM 270-290/RM
RAPID GAIN OF 1000FT THEN RAPID LOSS OF 1000FT
/ZME

Been planning 'em low and slow, but man it's a great day to earn your keep at the office. Talk about some serious weather.

UUA /OV GQO315020/TM 1112/FL390/TP B757/TB SEV/RM NO DAMAGE OR
INJURIES RPTD.
ZTL CWSU

UUA /OV BNA 250050/TM 0017/FL270/TP C525/TB EXTRM 270-290/RM
RAPID GAIN OF 1000FT THEN RAPID LOSS OF 1000FT
/ZME

Been planning 'em low and slow, but man it's a great day to earn your keep at the office. Talk about some serious weather.
Holy cow1000ft! Did any of your flights get any bad turbulence? What did you do? I'd be nervous planning these.

Holy cow1000ft! Did any of your flights get any bad turbulence? What did you do? I'd be nervous planning these.

Turbulence is both subjective and dynamic. The best you can do is use what info you have when you plan the flight and either plan lower or give some additional fuel for altitude adjustments. If a flight is weight and fuel tankage critical, I generally dont adjust the altitude or give extra fuel unless the turbulence is continuous moderate or greater.

As a dispatcher, your job is to operate flights in barely legal and close to unsafe conditions. If turbulence planning makes you nervous, just wait for some of the restrictive MELs you will have sometimes, the thunderstorm days where no route is really that good, morning fog with a bunch of high mins captains and CAT I only planes, or the international flights where the destination is forecasting a typhoon. You can add on to all that planes are packed so heavy today and put on routes at the edge of their range that even if you dont have a strict fuel policy to reduce extra fuel, the payload and tankage will often reduce you to very little extra fuel on top of the FAR requirements.

You are a risk manager/risk assessor as a dispatcher. Your job is decide when a barely legal forecast or actual conditions are safe to operate in. Its your job to decide when you need to offload payload for the fuel that you or to fuel stop the plane enroute.

Turbulence is both subjective and dynamic. The best you can do is use what info you have when you plan the flight and either plan lower or give some additional fuel for altitude adjustments. If a flight is weight and fuel tankage critical, I generally dont adjust the altitude or give extra fuel unless the turbulence is continuous moderate or greater.

As a dispatcher, your job is to operate flights in barely legal and close to unsafe conditions. If turbulence planning makes you nervous, just wait for some of the restrictive MELs you will have sometimes, the thunderstorm days where no route is really that good, morning fog with a bunch of high mins captains and CAT I only planes, or the international flights where the destination is forecasting a typhoon. You can add on to all that planes are packed so heavy today and put on routes at the edge of their range that even if you dont have a strict fuel policy to reduce extra fuel, the payload and tankage will often reduce you to very little extra fuel on top of the FAR requirements.

You are a risk manager/risk assessor as a dispatcher. Your job is decide when a barely legal forecast or actual conditions are safe to operate in. Its your job to decide when you need to offload payload for the fuel that you or to fuel stop the plane enroute.

This is why a good dispatcher will keep a list of "favorite captains." Did I route you through that - Oooops Im sorry. Oh you may have to divert - Oooops to bad. :sarcasm:

Then again????o_O

You just wasted your time writing that out. Go read again how that person worded their post. Trollin'

You just wasted your time writing that out. Go read again how that person worded their post. Trollin'
Do you want some kind of trophy? You seem dead set on calling this guy a troll. He's clearly very confused but I wouldn't go as far a labeling him a troll. Anyways who cares. If they have nothing better to do then spend all their time on this forum (sober) the you should just leave it as that. All of you continuing to reply and acknowledge his presence keeps it going. It is very annoying.

Do you want some kind of trophy? You seem dead set on calling this guy a troll. He's clearly very confused but I wouldn't go as far a labeling him a troll. Anyways who cares. If they have nothing better to do then spend all their time on this forum (sober) the you should just leave it as that. All of you continuing to reply and acknowledge his presence keeps it going. It is very annoying.

Wait, what?!? You're actually defending someone on here...?? That doesn't sound like you at all. And I thought you said a few weeks ago "Who takes the Internet seriously". So the better question is why are YOU even replying...

Wait, what?!? You're actually defending someone on here...?? That doesn't sound like you at all. And I thought you said a few weeks ago "Who takes the Internet seriously". So the better question is why are YOU even replying...
. Because again people are taking things way too seriously and are gonna stroke out over things that don't really matter.

The regionals want "barely legal" , not so sure I agree with what the actual dispatcher and captain would want to agree upon. Turb is tough because the forecasts are usually garbage. My philosphy is unless its abundantly obvious give em extra gas and file the optimized. To each his own.

Back