New to the forum...

Freediver72

I have not flown in awhile. Here to gather intelligence. A friend of mine flies for Allegiant and I often wished I would have made this my career. I just turned 45 and by chance I was talking to a pilot from Hawaiian that came in to where I work to get his speargun tuned up. Between him and my friend, they have me fired up to give this a shot.

I bought some books to refresh my mind, it's amazing how much I recall. I have scheduled my Class 1 for this Friday. I figure if anything is going to hold me up that would be it. I plan to go to ATP in Vegas in January.

Not sure who I want to fly for. Hawaiian seems great, but I'm not sure I want to come back here. With the cost of living and the limited time to retirement, I think the mainland will be better for saving. Don't get me wrong, I love Hawaii and inter-island flights would be awesome. If I were 10 years younger I would be trying to stay here. My wife is from the Philippines, so an airline that goes into Manila and/or Cebu would be nice. Really though, the best situation available when the time comes is where I go, who know what choices, if any, I will have :)

Back